Stanford University Campus/Church HDR

inaka

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Great set!!

The HDR is very well done except for some halo around the building in the first one. The only thing that bothers me is the keystone distortion in most of them.

Love #3. #1 needs some kind of perspective adjustment. Building looks like it is about fall over backwards.

Wish you could have gotten just a wee bit wider on #3 which is so good I think I have to go here and give it a try myself!

Oh and from the same set, I know this photo violates all technical principles with haloing, lens flares, etc., but I still like it:

Church Under the Sun by InakaMike, on Flickr

be careful with photos like the last one, you'll burn a sensor out taking too many pics like that. (or at least that's what my mom I always told me)

Thanks for the heads up, but I'm sure it'll be fine.

Sensor burnout isn't from the intense sun light itself, it's from the actual heat on the sensor over long periods or time when the shutter is open in direct sun.
That shot above is just a three shot composite with the longest exposure being 1/10. Not very long of an exposure at all.

Thanks for the heads up, but I'm sure it'll be fine.

Sensor burnout isn't from the intense sun light itself, it's from the actual heat on the sensor over long periods or time when the shutter is open in direct sun.
That shot above is just a three shot composite with the longest exposure being 1/10. Not very long of an exposure at all.

I was mostly joking, but if it's 1/10, 1/20, 1/30 or something like that, all in succession, that's like 1/6 sec total, which is pretty long exposure for direct sunlight straight on the sensor in a clear sky at midday. It's not always just heat physically burning the sensor, I've also known product photographers who got too much direct light and gotten 'hot pixels' as a result that either always read too bright or either ready completely white all the time after being exposed to bright light for extended periods. These were older sensors however, and I'd imagine a D7000 sensor is probably fine for anything under a half second.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back