star trails. I beg you to c&c

iamsneaky13

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I would love to here your two pennies about my edit. i was procrastinating and decided to edit one of my shots. so i pick my star trail shot and started. about two hours later, and a lot of experimenting i was done. tell me what you think. Im posting the full size image so you can see the fine details. keep in mind this was my first edit beyond simple exposure and contrast changes. if you want to know how i did something ask, but ill just tell you now i had to edit each individual trail.

original:
4939874610_14fbec8f46_b.jpg

new edit:
5040958254_c2a0209b55_o.jpg

I love where the center ended up, great subject! Do more night photos, they are my favorite. I really like your edit, the hard work on the trails show.

Did you shoot this in raw? If so change your white balance to tungsten or florescent and see what happens.

Last edited:
Changing the white balance should make it look kind of like this but better.
This crop put the center of the trails in the center of the photo.
Thanks for letting me play with your image. :thumbup:

This was from your posted original.
edit2-1.jpg

Last edited:
I actually considered changing the colors, but they looked right to me. i did not want the sky very blue because i wanted to clearly show it was night, and i wanted the trees to remain the same because they look natural to me. i am considering the crop though. i like the central placement

I actually considered changing the colors, but they looked right to me. i did not want the sky very blue because i wanted to clearly show it was night, and i wanted the trees to remain the same because they look natural to me. i am considering the crop though. i like the central placement

Your edit looks great, I do like this image a lot.

Most reactions

Back