TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
125th-at-f8.blogspot.com
Hope you like this ..

Hanno

PhspIMG004.jpg

that is spot on - really good picture!
I've been checking out various astro-photography sites on the net recently - we have a telescope which you can attach the SLR on to - and I'd be over the moon if I could get some of these sort of shots!
I've got a Canon 20d - but as far as I can tell, I can only leave the exposure open for 30 seconds max... if I put it to bulb mode, I have to hold the shutter down manually... are there tools you buy to make the camera expose for over an hour!? thanks :)

mfacer said:
I've got a Canon 20d - but as far as I can tell, I can only leave the exposure open for 30 seconds max... if I put it to bulb mode, I have to hold the shutter down manually... are there tools you buy to make the camera expose for over an hour!? thanks :)

Get yourself a remote shutter release cord, that way you can open the shutter and lock it in place for as long as you want without shaking the camera.

The original Canon one is quite expensive, but there is an aftermarket one that you can get off ebay for about £10 - I have one on my 10D and it works fine, and my Dad has one on his 20D which also works fine.

Thanks for the great comments guys

you should realy check out mansi's startrial shot.

I think it is VERY nice !!!

Now I'll have to go and better on his attempt.

note to myself : things to do :
  1. photograph crow (on tombstone)
  2. photograph star trials.
  3. photograph my cat - so i can start a "my cat is uglier than yours" thread
Hanno

very coooool trail Hanno!!! i like it, the way you've composed it with the building.. perhaps a bit of straightening? i'm only thinking out loud, very nice neverthless.. and thanks for liking mine!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back