Starbaby experiment

Karalee

hOtLiPs!
Reaction score
Website
www.shuttervisions.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Last weekend I was fooling around with custom aperture disks for the 'baby, but the shapes I cut were too big (I think) and I didnt get the shaped bokeh I was going for. So I cut some new ones last night and testing them this afternoon confirmed I was on the right track:

The disk:

lbstardisk.jpg

The result:

starbaby.jpg

Im off to costco this evening to 'help myself' to some more pizza fridge magnets from the foodcourt :lol:

Cool shot. I tried a lightning bolt, but I think I cut it too thin. I wont post, cause I tried it on a patterned piece of paper to see the result. I think I have to cut mine larger.
Oh boy... what have we created now Kara. ??

That is way cool!

Karalee said:
I shudder to think :confused: :lmao:

I had two failed attempts last night. Im going to cut the holes larger. I tried a star, and a lightning bolt, but both came out really weak. Glad I have a ton of useless fridge magnets. All those real estate people would be thrilled to see where their advertising is goin :lmao: :lmao:

Oh yeah.. I tried my 2X extender with the lensbaby, and got an error message on my camera. I was hoping to try to zoom a little closer with the lens. Have ya ever tried MacroLensbaby. Kinda neat.

When I ordered my lensbaby it came with no aperture disks, so I contacted the lensbaby folks, and they sent me the macro set for free. I havent found the best way to use them yet, I didnt really like the effect with the regular aperture rings, so thanks for reminding me to try it with the new aperture disks.

Also, Ive found that using cuticle scissors works the best for shape cutting :)

Chiller said:
Oh yeah.. I tried my 2X extender with the lensbaby, and got an error message on my camera. I was hoping to try to zoom a little closer with the lens. Have ya ever tried MacroLensbaby. Kinda neat.

On Canon EOS mounts you will always get that error message with tele-extenders. On EOS cameras the Camera likes to talk to the lens if it can. Since the LB has no electronics it can't so you get the dreaded error. Normally this is not a problem as the mount on the Lensbaby does not flip the switch on the camera bobdy lens mount. However when you put on the extender the extender does, and since the extender is just a pass through there is nothing to pass.

Two work arounds for this are

a)put a piece of tape over the contacts (might leave residue)

b)when you put on the extender turn it to the point where it almost locks on the body but is only 95% there. This will hold it securly but will not trip the switch.

Most reactions

Back