Stars from Oregon/N.California

banderson

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
These are great. Post more often please.

MitchStrp said:
These are great. Post more often please.

Thanks man! Unfortunately, the star photos are gonna be few and far between due to the fact that I live in Ohio. But, I've been meaning to post more in here.

Everyone of the shots are beautiful, great job man

Nice job man, really like the 2nd last pic, nice composition. Star photography is still a mystery to me, tried it once or twice but never got good results, nothing close to what you are getting.

JohnnyBlack said:
Nice job man, really like the 2nd last pic, nice composition. Star photography is still a mystery to me, tried it once or twice but never got good results, nothing close to what you are getting.

Thanks dude!
I think it honestly comes down to light pollution. If you live in the eastern part of the U.S. like me, it is very hard to find places without photo ruining light pollution. In fact, there isn't a single place in Ohio as dark as where I took these photos. The closest place to me that is this dark is about 4 1/2 hours away in West Virginia.

If you're ever interested in giving it another shot, search light pollution map on google and the first result is a website called dark sky finder or something like that, and it is a pretty accurate light pollution map. It really helped me find my way around out west when I was there.

Although, I see you're from South Africa. So my tip isn't really going to help you very much lol

I really dig that last Crater Lake shot....I have lived in the Pacific NW for 30 years and never made it to Crater lake...its a shame really. Gonna have to do it here soon. Thanks for the post.

BanditPhotographyNW said:
I really dig that last Crater Lake shot....I have lived in the Pacific NW for 30 years and never made it to Crater lake...its a shame really. Gonna have to do it here soon. Thanks for the post.

Oh man. You definitely should make the trip. It's gorgeous up there. I love that whole part of the country.

Sorry no critics to give here except that they are really nice! I particularly like the last 3, post more if you have :)
The location really seems to be a place to go.

JoeLeBean said:
Sorry no critics to give here except that they are really nice! I particularly like the last 3, post more if you have :)
The location really seems to be a place to go.

Thanks!! I'm glad you like them!

All of these are from southern Oregon/northern California. I wish I could've stayed longer!

And yeah, I have some more for sure. I'm not in front of my computer right now, but I'll post a few more from the trip once I am!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back