Start To Finish

DRoberts

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Got a wierd request from a couple, I'm shooting thier wedding in July. They want a complete start to finish of hte entire process. I went yesterday with the bride and her mother to look at wedding dresses, and take pictures of the different ones she tried on. Then they asked me to go with the groom and help him pick out his stuff and photo it. From what they say they want me to photo everything.
How do I begin to charge for this?

seems to me that you should already be charging for this since you have already worked one day. I would figure out what you would charge for a two hour shoot of portraits or an event, make sure that you will be able to schedule yourself available for all the times they need, and figure it that way.

so, if they need you for 3 different days, and for a simular shoot you would charge $250 do 250x3=750 and give them like a 15-20% discount for booking all of the days. provide them with a nice coffee table book of the events.

those are my thoughts anyway! best of luck!

Easy. Charge the day of the wedding like your typical wedding package but then charge an hourly/daily rate for all of the additional hours that they use you. Me personally, I would still require that all little mini-events be reserved far enough in advance and paid in advance together. Encourage them to do this by stating that the rates are discounted when hours are essentially "bought in bulk" (but no refunds past a certain time period). All of this would be the charge for your time; selling prints or books or whathaveyou could be a part of your products pitch for the wedding as a whole.

Easy. Charge the day of the wedding like your typical wedding package but then charge an hourly/daily rate for all of the additional hours that they use you. Me personally, I would still require that all little mini-events be reserved far enough in advance and paid in advance together. Encourage them to do this by stating that the rates are discounted when hours are essentially "bought in bulk" (but no refunds past a certain time period). All of this would be the charge for your time; selling prints or books or whathaveyou could be a part of your products pitch for the wedding as a whole.

Exactly right!

Most reactions

Back