Starting Off

aussieturtle

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I am completely new to the world of photography, and there seem to be so many people telling me different ways to do things, and its all a bit confusing. Basically, is there anything more you really need other than some form of camera and something to take a photo of? One of the first things I suppose I should say is that I am a hobby photographer, not professional, and all I really have is my family's digital camera that only decides to work half the time, so I need a decent camera thats easy to use. Any help or general direction-pointing would be much appreciated.

I am completely new to the world of photography, and there seem to be so many people telling me different ways to do things, and its all a bit confusing. Basically, is there anything more you really need other than some form of camera and something to take a photo of?

A decent, working camera - and an eye for motif and detail!

I am completely new to the world of photography, and there seem to be so many people telling me different ways to do things, and its all a bit confusing. Basically, is there anything more you really need other than some form of camera and something to take a photo of? One of the first things I suppose I should say is that I am a hobby photographer, not professional, and all I really have is my family's digital camera that only decides to work half the time, so I need a decent camera thats easy to use. Any help or general direction-pointing would be much appreciated.

what type of digital is it? If it is something with priority or manual modes you can be well on your way with that, and then upgrade to a DSLR later. It really depends how interested in photography you are and what your budget is. You dont want to buy a 600+ dollar camera that you never use or dont know how to use at all (though even if you dont know how to use it, it isn't too hard to learn with the help of this site).

The one we have now is a Kodak EasyShare CX7430, 4 megapixels and it eats batteries. Even the digital batteries only last about 5 mins in it. And it doesnt have much zoom, its not very good. It takes closeups fine, though, which I suppose is better than nothing.

Most reactions

Back