~ Starting Over - Need Advice~

Not trying to be rude here but if you don't have some sort of a budget how can we help you? How about a D4s it's $5000 do you see what I'm getting at?

Technology has changed from when the d40 was out. With my d5100 and a kit lens and a 50mm 1.8g i get super crisp images. You don't need to break the bank to get great images. I think the D5100 or D5200 with a 18-105 and aprime will suit your needs. If you want to spend a little more a d7100 is a fantastic camera!

$1614402_10153927650500328_378237207_o.jpg

This was shot with my 18-55vr kit lens

Yes, don't be rude.... Thanks. I'd like to think my budget is around $500, minus the black eyes and gaping wounds from the wife.... :} This would include the body and a lens to get me started. Oh, crystal clear images is a must!

Yes, don't be rude.... Thanks. I'd like to think my budget is around $500, minus the black eyes and gaping wounds from the wife.... :} This would include the body and a lens to get me started. Oh, crystal clear images is a must!

Forget about all the post made, if your budget is 500$ then look at either a used nikon D5200, depending on how much you get it for you'll have to spend on the lens. You may also get a new d5100 at around 500$ with the 18-55 kit lens, which are quite decent. You may learn the basics and then expand your lens arsenal.

Well my preference is for the D5200, a good used or refurbished unit with a kit lens would most likely be just a bit above your $500 budget (most likely somewhere in the $525-$550 range) but I think in the long run you'd be very happy with it. You could also look at the D3200, it also has the 24 mp sensor which takes fantastic photos, You can get a new one with a kit lens for right around $500 or used or refurbished even cheaper.

Please dont get bronze!

Excellent now were getting some where a new Nikon 5200 w kit lens looks like a good start If that's all I had to spend it would be my choice it's a brand new camera with a USA warranty in your price range why would you want to buy a used old D300 camera?

The camera bodies look so bad when they aren't black with a black lens attached BUT still not as bad as Canons white and black lenses on there black camera bodies!

True. Forgot about the lenses. Good points. I will stick with pink, er....black. :)

Most reactions

Back