Starting Sports Action Photos

photoman720

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I am looking to get into an informal business where I go to sporting events such as lacrosse games/ any other sports game with good action shots and take a lot of pictures of the athletes playing. Either I can have a website with athletes pictures where I give the business card to parents to visit the site and buy photos or bring my laptop and burn CD's of the events pictures. I am not sure which one to do and the legal constrictions with both of these? Any suggestions would be welcome.

I worked for someone once who did something similar and he bought a whole system from Kodak to print images onsite and order larger ones later. I think the only thing you need to worry about with this one is to always get official permission before starting to do this at any venue.

Be friendly toward the parents.
I was shooting at a high school track meet and had a parent ask if i could take a shot of her daughter, I took several and then at the next meet I gave her a CD with the images along with an 8x10 form my inkjet. I explained that I use a Pro lab when it comes to sales of prints. She liked the print so much that I will be shooting her daughters senior portrait. I put together a quote,which included a print package and she agreed to it.
Let parents know that you can show them proofs (on a laptop) Remember you might want to do some PP before letting them see them. I voluteered to do a slide show (Powerpoint) at the Annual Track tream banquet, This is another way to get noticed by a lage group of parents and may lead to sales of images.

I was thinking about doing the same thing. Buying one of those portable printers and bringing my laptop so I can make onsite 4x6's and if anyone wants larger they can fill out an order form.

Most reactions

Back