State Park C & C

Dionysus

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
tremanbridge.jpg

miniwaterfall.jpg

I see nothing. My work is probably blocking your photo hosting site.

wow i like those alot! do you have any other angles of the waterfall in the second picture?

They could use a little straghening and cropping, I like both but perfer #2

I would like see a reshoot of #1 with more fall colors and sun not so strong

Last edited:
I like them both, esp. the first holds my interest well. They look very over-sharpened or something like that...

i'm not sure if i would say they were over sharpened, but it looks more like the lighting was very harsh which makes the image somewhat difficult to look at for me.

i do like the second image one though

I would bump your exposure up a few stops. The black rock in the bottom right, tends to drag the picture down. Either that or do multiple exposured, as I find that your trees are a bit too overexposed and the rock is a bit underexposed. Also a bit of saturation would make it a lot more inviting i think.

2. Personally I would have had the waterfall further to the left. With the waterfall in the middle it seems to isolated, instead of flowing. For a really abstract example of what I mean - The waterfall in your composition looks more like a brick, than a smooth flowing body of water that has an origin and a destination.

That wasn't mean to sound harsh by the way. It was the only way I could think of explaining it.

Actually, on second thought, perhaps you could reshoot the first and bump it down a few stops more than anything, to average and smooth out the lighting. Alter your white balance to try and warm up the greens and forest colours. The black rock, will still be a black rock, but the picture will average itself out with a little less harsh light.

i dont take anything personally, so dont worry. I'm just a newb, so any input is good input to me, and one can't get better, if people dont make one aware of their flaws. So any input is really appreciated.

no these were from Treman State Park (Newfield, Ithaca, Enfield area)

Oh ok, looks pretty similar. I was just up at watkins glenn, earlier this year what a gorgeous park.
Well on to your pictures.
The first one is a really beautiful shot, but the highlights are blown out. Which makes thems really distracting too me. And maybe a touch blurry.
The second one maybe pull away from it a little bit and capture a wider shot. Also the highlights on the water at the pool in the bottom are a little blown out. And looks like some camera shake also blurred the image.
Looks like a beautiful place to take pictures though.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back