steel in the steel city

KenC

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Just spent a few days in Pittsburgh, so it's only appropriate to start off with some steel ...

the usual suspects

shad032212.jpg

suspended

beams032212.jpg

like the 1st one could use a little more processing too me... i think it would look great b&w

If in a steel city you got only those rusted bodies...what to say about rest of the world? :lol:

Just joking

I really liked the first: there is pattern, light,shade....

Not that sure about second :)

Is Pittsburgh a place of coal mines too?

Regards :D

Great shots, especially the first one. Love the depth the long shadows create and I think going black and white, as that1guy suggests, only takes away from the natural patina of the steel. There is a certain character to the way this material ages and I think you'veve captured that in both shots quite well. These shots tell a story of time and structure and permanence that steel owns as inherent qualities. Good work, would love to see more

Is Pittsburgh a place of coal mines too?

There were many coal mines in the surrounding area - typical since coal is needed to make steel. As for the rest of the world, it appears to be distressed so perhaps it's fitting some of our subjects are as well.

F_Stopped - I couldn't agree more about the color. These worked for me partly because of the subtle color patterns.

Thanks for looking, everyone!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back