Steps on a Hill - Composition OK?

Jon_Are

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I'm wide open to any comments, but I'm most interested if the composition is OK. Thanks!

(Also, I tried darkening the sky a bit in Photoshop but had poor results; any specific advice?)

Jon

051507005edited.jpg

maybe too much of the ground down i front... makes the focal point kind of ambiguous. but it looks good otherwise.

I think with this I would have also tried taking a shot from where the fence on the right hand side finishes, in Portrait orientation to emphasise the height of the step & with the "building" filling the frame more

Just my thoughts

simon

I don't have anything insightful about the composition except that the picture seems a little empty of interest. The curves aren't strong enough to be dramatic and there are no actual objects that are very interesting to my eye.

Sorry.

The path leads the eye up to the gazebo, but there's nothing there. The subject is uninteresting.

Compositionally I'd say you are right on. You have framed the picture in such a way that the eyes are led to the gazebo, but as Max said, there just isn't anything there. Technically speaking it's a great photo, but subjectively it's a little lacking.

:thumbup: for comp.

Yeah the crop version is working better for me also... but way to be creative on the rail walkway!! nice touch.. the photo also looks soft to me, just not popping... almost as if camera motion... but think you did a nice job with this, and again, good use of the curve!

Thanks everyone.

Oddly enough, I agree with virtually every comment made. :lol:

Jon

Most reactions

New Topics

Back