STEREO thread!

Aerial_Clouds-0034.jpg

Aerial_Canyon-0039.jpg

Aerial_Canyon-0041.jpg

Aerial_Mountains-0043.jpg

I can't get the 3d effect, and I can do the magic eye things (used to anyway). I wondering if being somewhat colorblind makes a difference.

I can't get the 3d effect, and I can do the magic eye things (used to anyway). I wondering if being somewhat colorblind makes a difference.
The ones I've been posted are all "cross your eyes" types, rather than the "stare past" style of the Magic Eye.

This might help:

Seems fun, but I can't do it. :(

Awww... So sorry to hear that. It's quite fun. Here's a couple of pages that might help.

First, take the vision test on this page to see if your binocular vision is working in "free-viewing" mode: "Test Your Vision. Binocular? Stereoscopic?"

If you make it through that okay, then go to this page for a method that may help you actually do this. Just relax, follow the instructions, and take your time: Magic Eye 3D Viewing: The Single Finger Method

e.rose was able to do it after reviewing those pages.

More "Cross Your Eyes" type 3D images. These are from a recent trip to the Great Lakes Shipwreck Museum and a the Whitefish Point Lighthouse. I made them with a "shift your weight" method using my Canon 5DMKII DSLR, as opposed to one of my 3D cameras.

To split them up a little and save on the page size, I'll put the portrait oriented in this post, and the landscape oriented in the next:

3D_Shipwreck_Museum_Natives_2090.jpg

3D_Lighthouse_Keeper_Display_2098.jpg

3D_Lighthouse_Keeper_2118.jpg

3D_Lighthouse_Dresser_2115.jpg

3D_Lighthouse_Dinner_Table_2126.jpg

3D_Diving_Suit_2093.jpg

And here are the landscape oriented ones from the same gallery:

3D_Lighthouse_Bedroom_2109.jpg

3D_Lighthouse_Bedroom_2113.jpg

3D_Lighthouse_Bedroom_2115.jpg

3D_Lighthouse_Dining_Room_2124.jpg

3D_Lighthouse_Keepers_Bedroom_2111.jpg

3D_Lighthouse_Kitchen_2128.jpg

3D_Lighthouse_Nursery_2107.jpg

3D_Lighthouse_Sitting_Room_2120.jpg

3D_Lighthouse_Sitting_Room_2122.jpg

Found this from 2004 while going through old photos. Taking a series of photos while coming in for a landing in Phoenix, these two knit together nicely for a 3D:

Phoenix_3D_2789.jpg

It was my first look at Phoenix, and was just a plane change for me on the way from San Francisco to Detroit. A few years later, I moved there for a job and got to explore the area for about a year, and just loved it.

Like the others I've posted, cross your eyes to see the 3D effect.

Ok. Saw this thread the other night and decided to experiment with this...

My first ever attempt (crossed eyes):

Most reactions

New Topics

Back