Sticky shutter?

patrean

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I recently purchased a 24mm Carl Zeiss Jena II for my OM1 and sometimes when I fire the shutter it sticks and only releases when I give it a slight tap. Im wondering if this is a problem with the lens or my OM1. All my other lens work perfecly. Oddly enough when I mount the lens on my other OM1 body it seems to work fine. If the problem is with the lens is it something I could resolve myself or will I have to get a pro to look at it.

Thanks for looking.

patrean said:
I recently purchased a 24mm Carl Zeiss Jena II for my OM1 and sometimes when I fire the shutter it sticks and only releases when I give it a slight tap. Im wondering if this is a problem with the lens or my OM1. All my other lens work perfecly. Oddly enough when I mount the lens on my other OM1 body it seems to work fine. If the problem is with the lens is it something I could resolve myself or will I have to get a pro to look at it.

Thanks for looking.

Hi Patrean,

It seems like the first of the OM-1 bodies might have a problem. Best bet would be to take it to a camera shop and have them take a look. Bring both bodies so you can show what happens with each one.

BTW, the 'sticking' that occurs, is that of the diaphragm blades or is it the camera's shutter?

The problem is in the lens, it is gunked up with old lube. Have it cleaned and stop using it on your OM1 or you will develope problems in the body from all the strain on the delicate shutter system.

Most reactions

Back