stiffer photographs.

Christina

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
When making photo cards, such as christmas cards, they cant be printed out on regular photo paper, so do you order them for a certain place, specify a certain paper... how do you make the christmas cards durable.

hi,
Choosing the right kind of paper for photo printing is the key to getting great looking prints. Using professional photo paper will give you the best results as they are especially designed for this purpose.

I just tried the photo paper samples I got from freephotopaper.com.
And I have to say the prints were beautiful on both the gloss and satin.
I highly recommend you check out their free samples at Free photo paper
A free course on digital photo printing also comes with the samples.

cheers

I did custom photo invitations and cards on Ebay for a long time. You can print them at a photo developing place and just order your own envelopes to fit your print. You can print in 4x6 and 5x7 and 4x8. Winkflash is where I print ALL of my work. For myself and for clients. I actually did wedding invitations in a size 4x6 and then mounted them on a coordinating 5x7 cardstock to give them the thickness. Granted it was all done by hand but I never had any negative response to anything. Let me know if you need links to anything I still have all sorts of places to order things in my bookmarks. I would be glad to help you out. Printing at Winkflash in a 4x6 is normally only 12 cents a print but they are on special right now for only 6 cents until the 31st I believe. There is nothing wrong with the photo paper for Christmas cards. That's mostly what we get and that's all I do for family :)

Hope this helps :)
Melissa

OH and one thing I particularly don't like (and its probably just me) is getting a photo that just doesn't seem like it should be out all year because it takes on a holiday theme. So......last year I made the Christmas card and also did a second one with no greeting on it so family could frame it or hang it on the fridge w/o having the holidays lurking around for 12 months LOL

You can see mine here and they were both 4x6 and sent in an envelope
http://picasaweb.google.com/MissPixDesigns/ChristmasCard

Most reactions

New Topics

Back