Still Car, Moving Background.

Wow I would love to have a pic like this with my car. Ima have to give it a shot.

Xmetal said:
Mox i'd like to see how you've set up your tripod on the Civic, looks like a really good angle. :) I was talking to a mate of mine who does the same style, he tells me that you need four x8 ND filters to shoot during the day! :shock:

Yes yes, a newbie.. I know.... could you tell me what a ND filter is and what its function is?

Thanks

Yeah I thought about cheating in photoshop too... but I dug out my film camera and strapped it to the car and got some amazing results! And it was quicker than photoshop! Thank you so much Ian! (my photography teacher loves you!!)

I'm gonna get some ND filters too at some stage and really get that exposure long.

I used my digital camera as a really expensive polaroid (hehe) to figure out the best shutter speed (coz I was taking my photos in bright daylight - not night time like yours) And I used 1/10 second at f/22 (I think). I had to use a polarizing filter to bring it down to 1/10 though coz it was pretty bright.
The film shots turned out better than the digital one here because I drove a little faster for the film - so I got more blur. I went at about 10km/hr - but I'm not sure, coz I wasn't exactly concentrating on the speedo.

i will post photo later - photobucket isn't working right now

Xmetal said:
Disclaimer: This post was written purely for reading purposes and if anything in this post is attempted it should be done in a controlled environment and not on public roads. Damage or loss of equipment while attempting this technique is your fault and not mine so don't try and pin it on me when your camera hits the tarmac.
:lol: hahaha I just saw this. You should also mention you don't cover it when your camera hits the street sign coz it's sticking so far out to the side, or another car swiping it off for that matter. That nearly happened to me :-(

drivingwheel1.jpg

i didnt want to get much more than the wheel, and my bunjee cords werent long enough to do this with the tripod extended, so it is closed and mounted parralel to the ground, with the cords hooked up into the engine bay for stability. sorry for the low quality, had to get the smalles file possible when i resized it.

and this is the car: my jetta gli
HPIM0370.jpg

Nice one mate, everyone has to start somewhere and it's usually on a small scale. :)

One of my first rig attempts was like yours only the camera was mounted on a more stable part of the car.

Most reactions

Back