Still Life Photograpy.

khushi2004

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I hv to take picture of some still life 3D objects, can u suggest me what objects can i take it for this task.

What is the best idea to get diffrent kinds of picture, is it better idea to take shots changing angles?

Please suggest me!
regards

Almost anything acn be used as a still life subject.

The obvious (cliche) examples are bowls of fruit, flowers in a vase, etc.

I have seen interesting ideas done with paper clips, screwdrivers, shoes, hats, pieces of hard candy, almost anything.

The important points are:

1. Be mindful of your background (true for every photo).
Background should be simple and the color should complement your subject.

2. Don't make the shot too "busy" or cluttered. Don't be afraid to use
multiple objects, but don't put so much in the photo that viewers have trouble focusing on the subject.

3. Make the lighting soft enough to avoid hot spots, especially if you're using shiny objects. Shine your light through thin white cloth, etc to act as a soft box.

4. Try both color and black&white. I really like stills done in b&w against a plain backdrop.

I'm sure there are folks here who can give you some better direction, but maybe this will get you started.

I am using ISO 100 b&W Film for this task!

About background, what sort of things i hv to careful for example my objects are on the table on direct sunlight (shoes). What my backgroud should be?

Is there any good link for still photo examples

regards!

Go here:

http://www.google.com/advanced_image_search?hl=en

and search "still life" (I usually set size as large to make sure I get images big enough to see).

When I did this search, most of the images on the first several pages were the type of thing you're looking for. Some wee photos, and some paintings, but both should give you some ideas.

As to background, it depends on the mood you want. You can get the room totally dark, and shine a spotlight on the subject, or move in so close that only the table shows as background. You can set up a plain black or white background. The possibilities are pretty much endless.

The best thing to do is experiment with several different ideas, and pick the one that looks best to you.

i saw somebody else do this and it turned out really cool w/the highlights and shadows. remember those little green army soldiers that you played with when you were a kid? they set those up and got some fantastic macro shots of them.

Most reactions

Back