Still Playing with Flowers and Light

PixelRabbit

A naughty little bunny...
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Today I went out to reshoot some flowers. Most things lined up to retake a shot I'm working on but I ended up with an extra element I didn't have last time, a breeze.
I changed plans a bit and integrated the breeze/movement into the shot.
Here are two crops of my favourite shot.
Would love to hear your thoughts!
Thanks for taking a look.

I like what you tried to do here but I think you missed. It looks to me like there's a bit too much over processing of the contrast levels leaving blotches of white and grey - at least that's how it seems.
It's a tough one for me to get into. It comes across more like fixing a mistake than a purposeful abstract.

I'll go with "meh".

I agree with sleist in terms of your processing of the image – it doesn't work for me either.

I do like what you attempted here, a lot. The extra-tall crop makes it a bit difficult for the eye to "find a subject", though. May I suggest considering a squarish crop like this one?

$7980842440_6870384cbb_z.jpg

Thanks guys :)
I knew I was pushing it with this one, I think my settings were around F22 iso 100 and 1/5 ish in full sun. It was intentional to blow it out but perhaps a "little bit" heavy handed lol :p
I do like the idea of a closer crop, it was actually the flower about 3/4 of the way up that really caught my eye, I will play a bit and see what I get.

Ok here is the crop. Actually this is a MUCH better representation of what I saw and was trying to convey. I wish there was a bit more substance to the flower and less in the stems.

As far as crops go, I think I prefer invisible's crop to the last one. But even then, I'm finding it hard to get past the other issues with this shot.
There's a phrase I like, but is perceived as being more negative than I usually intend it, so I resist the urge to use it:

"Polishing a turd."

We all have shots that miss more than we want to admit, no matter how hard we try to fix it. I think this is one of those.

Lol I have been known to use the same statement here and there, thanks for your honesty :)
I shall relegate this one to the outtakes folder and try again!

Ewwww spam reported.

Most reactions

Back