"Still Pond" critique?

Tolyk

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi all, new here and would love a critique of one of my favourite digital shots. I just recently went from a point and shoot digital to a film SLR, I don't have any of my film photography scanned yet, so will ask for opinions on some of my older work.

Any pointers on technique improvements, or just general comments would be much appreciated :)

This was taken with a Kodak Easyshare 3.1 MP..

100_0517.jpg

I think this shot can only ever get to a certain level of quality. The reason for that is the subject. i don't think its very conducive to the production of a pleasing nature photograph. The plants are not in a very pleasing arrangement looking more like what they are, a random mish mash of stuff squashed together.

I think the aspect ration doesn't really help and a wider field of view would have been better.

The main problem though is there is nothing interesting to look at.

Daniel said:
I think this shot can only ever get to a certain level of quality. The reason for that is the subject. i don't think its very conducive to the production of a pleasing nature photograph. The plants are not in a very pleasing arrangement looking more like what they are, a random mish mash of stuff squashed together.

I think the aspect ration doesn't really help and a wider field of view would have been better.

The main problem though is there is nothing interesting to look at.

I would have to agree... the photo just is lacking a center focal point to hold your attention

This would be a better shot if you were to throw a stone into the water before taking the shot.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back