still the night? still waiting? still dre?

captain-spanky

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.higg.co.uk
naaa.
Just still.

still.jpg

Honest thoughts?

Composition wise, the lights and the reflection lead me down the picture...but to what? I feel like the picture is too dark (but this maybe my monitor).

Overall, the calm feeling of the photo is good. Wish I could share more, but I guess my thinking is just a bit off today.

yes it is too dark for me, but I like the idea, maybe try it at dusk or dawn?

Very nice photo. I think
love the water effect

The water is, indeed, very still, which offers a brilliant reflection, and I like that. I like the lights to lead us somewhere in the distance. I don't like the orange hue - I find this photo too orange.

I like it just the way it is. Dark because it is the middle of the night. The lights in the background also add to the image.

Eric

thats cool.i agree with whoever said they feel like it brings you in to nowhere. maybe a lower or higher angle, or back just a little. if you had the first light in the upper right corner big it might add to the perspective. basically when i look at it i want to see more around the corner or pulled back some, but it is a cool shot as it is..

Ohh I like...but perhaps it was a mistake with white balance? anyways its a good pic, but maybe a lille more forground interest would be good?

Please dont take me too seriously, im trying to be harsh, and im finding it difficullt :)

As a night photographer, this is absolutely perfect. It's not too dark, it's not too orange. The gold tones are from the street lights and it's one of my favorite aspects of nighttime shots.

About the only thing I can recommend for editing is the left side. The left edge of the river doesn't fit in with the rest of the shot. It might help to completely crop off the left shore. But at the same time it might make the shot unbalanced, so it really is going to be a trial and error attempt.

yeah, it was a very orange night... it was quite misty and the street lamps lit the mist up with their strong orange glow. I tried a few different settings to take a bit of the orange out but they didn't manage to keep the same atmosphere as i saw that night...

I felt like i wanted to do more with the reflections but i couldn't seem to think of anything! If i find i have a spare night maybe i could go back and try diffferent spots on the bridge to try and come up with something new on the same theme... don't think I'll get the same misty glow tho...

Most reactions

Back