Stitch photos -> panorama?

KandieMan101

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I used to use a software but forget what it was called, and don't even know if there were better ones...

Does anyone recommend software that does a good job of stitching together photos to create panoramic images?

Photoshop CS is what I now use, does a very good job. I used to use Panotools. It is free and very powerfull. Its installation is a little obscure but well worth it if you don't have access to the latest versions of Photoshop. If you want Panotools do a google search, it's still out there.

I had a little job recently that this feature in PS came in very handy for. I had a client that came in with an 11X16 print of his race car. He had taken the shot at a race his son drove in. He wanted me to use the image for another job he had in mind. My scanner will only scan up to 8.5" X 14". I scanned it in 4 sections and joined the 4 pieces in Photoshop. Very simple and quick. I generated a 300 DPI full size file in about 10 min. and without any trace of the pieces. If you have access to PS, this would be the perfered method I would agree.

Do it your self in Photoshop.
When you take your photos make sure you have some room for overlapping, set the erasers opacity to around 50% and experiment.

how do posts like that not help? im trying to say if your going to use one of thoes panoramic maker things then you may as well shoot in automatic. Do it your self for better results.

Really the basic fact is it's MUCH better to get it right in the camera than to try to fix it in the computer.

Most reactions

Back