Stock Car Photography -- Selling Photos on site

.. and they will come back. They'll be racing the next weekend.

The drivers want photos of every race they win (there are like 10 different classes every week) for their sponsors to hang up in their businesses and such.
Ten different classes? That is unusual for a local stock car track. Four maybe 5 classes is closer to the norm, and then they usually only run 3 classes each Saturday night.

If the races start at 7 PM, by the time they run heat races for all 3 classes, a trophy dash for the top class that night, and each class's main event it is often approaching midnight.

What time do the races start?

They start at 5:30, generally over by 10:30. Sorry I did misread, there are 10 classes, but they only run 4-5 per night from what the schedule looks like. Their schedule is a little confusing the way they have it laid out.
These day's many local tracks have noise ordinances to comply with that determine how late they can race.

Would you post a link to the tracks web site?

I just saw the track I raced stock cars on back in 96-97 is now closed - http://www.tucsonracewaypark.com/

gsgary said:
As soon as they leave the track you have lost sales, see if you can hire a dye sub printer and print on site

Not an option financially.

Why, you will make more sales without dought

Because I don't have the money to invest in it, and I don't have the credit score (I'm only 19) to get a loan to do it.

Ten different classes? That is unusual for a local stock car track. Four maybe 5 classes is closer to the norm, and then they usually only run 3 classes each Saturday night.

If the races start at 7 PM, by the time they run heat races for all 3 classes, a trophy dash for the top class that night, and each class's main event it is often approaching midnight.

What time do the races start?

They start at 5:30, generally over by 10:30. Sorry I did misread, there are 10 classes, but they only run 4-5 per night from what the schedule looks like. Their schedule is a little confusing the way they have it laid out.
These day's many local tracks have noise ordinances to comply with that determine how late they can race.

Would you post a link to the tracks web site?

I just saw the track I raced stock cars on back in 96-97 is now closed - Tucson Raceway Park

Raceway5.com - ..per your request, there is the track's website. Most of the stuff on it is left over from last year.

I would be at this with camera gear in hand - Saturday, Mar 3rd - Pre registration Blast Off Party

According to their web site and the 2012 schedule, the season opener is 5/12 not 3/17. :scratch: Plus 5/12 makes a lot more sense as a season starting date in western New York state.

I see the Shamrock 100 is on 3/17.

I see someone has a BRP 360 late model for sale for only $10,000.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Back