Stolen Moment

John E.

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
smokebreakworkedbw.jpg

Really like the composition of this shot. I like how it shows the subject taking a break from whatever he does which, in turn, breaks the pattern of the poles and doors.

Great work Cruzin. Keep 'em coming!!!!

I agree with Hobbes, very nice shot! I think my monitor here at work is a little dark, but the area just under the overhang seems a little dark to me. It doesn't distract me at all from the image though. Very nice work! yo!

:D

I like the abstract design you have here with the poles and building vanishing to a point. Also adding yourself to the picture adds a subject and I don't think this picture would have worked without someone/something there. Some pictures work better without a subject but I think this one works much better with one.

For some reason I seem to want more width on the left side or some cropping off the bottom. Regardless it is still a nice picture. Good work.

Crisp work! I like the tone.

I appreaciate the response all, and thankyou.

I tried taking many different angles and exposure but the pictures were always missing something. If I tried to wait for someone to walk into the picture I would have been there forever. I was very apprensive about putting myself into the picture but....ya gotta do what ya gotta do ...so to speak. Looking at the scene I thought it would be the perfect place to shelter from the wind and take a break to have a smoke....so thats what I did. Hope thats not considered cheating.

hobbes28 said:
Really like the composition of this shot. I like how it shows the subject taking a break from whatever he does which, in turn, breaks the pattern of the poles and doors.

Great work Cruzin. Keep 'em coming!!!!

Ditto and great work Cruzin!

That really is a great shot. Love the fact that it's b&w and there really is a "sheltering from the wind" feel about it. Great stuff!

Thats a great shot cruzin...I like it. IS that a cigarette you're lighting there? Or one of those "aluminum" cigarettes...j/k...very nice shot!

crystalview said:
Thats a great shot cruzin...I like it. IS that a cigarette you're lighting there? Or one of those "aluminum" cigarettes...j/k...very nice shot!

Yes, I really hate to admit it, but that is a real smoke. The larger version one can see the light from the lighter.

I called it stolen moment for several reasons. Everytime one has a cigeratte it takes a bit of life out of a person, or so i am told. Everytime I have a cigerette it's like a moment for myself. In photograph it kinda also looks like I am hiding from something/someone to have a smoke.

Thanks again for the positive responces, makes me want to go out and take some more pictures tonight. :D

"I called it stolen moment for several reasons. Everytime one has a cigeratte it takes a bit of life out of a person"

I hadn't even thought of that... very true. I figured it was called stolen moment because you were taking "time out" from the world to be by yourself.

That's a neat photo. The only thing I noticed, and this is just my own perception which is "untrained" but is the white on the posts supposed to be so bright? Just curious. Thanks

imo - Very good photo Cruzin! The composition is perfect for me

Most reactions

Back