Stonehenge

Love the way you used the sky on this. Maybe just me but I find those small buildings or trees on the far left to be a distraction.

That is a cool pic. Wouldn't mind doing that with a Holga...

I have been to both Stonehenges and the original had a less impressive venue for my tastes. But they didn't really have a lot of choice where to build did they?
Nice picture.

Love the way you used the sky on this. Maybe just me but I find those small buildings or trees on the far left to be a distraction.
Thanks for the comment! I agree looking at it more about the trees. I'll probably clean it up when I get home from work. I'm glad you liked the sky, I actually did a lot of editing to it!

That is a cool pic. Wouldn't mind doing that with a Holga...
Thanks! I bet it would look great with medium format!

I have been to both Stonehenges and the original had a less impressive venue for my tastes. But they didn't really have a lot of choice where to build did they?
Nice picture.

Thank you! I also found the surroundings to be...underwhelming. Still incredible history, though. With a major road right next to it and people everywhere it was certainly a challenge finding a good angle on it..

They wouldn't be able to build that nowadays. Some of the stones used in Stonehenge only occur in Wales and for the Millennium they cut a new one from the original quarry area and wanted to transport it to Salisbury Plain as it might have been done at the time - but it fell off the boat and is now at the bottom of the sea.

You just can't get the staff!

Maybe just me but I find those small buildings or trees on the far left to be a distraction.

Not just you -- I find them distracting also. Otherwise, a beautiful shot. Wonder how it looks in color?

They wouldn't be able to build that nowadays. Some of the stones used in Stonehenge only occur in Wales and for the Millennium they cut a new one from the original quarry area and wanted to transport it to Salisbury Plain as it might have been done at the time - but it fell off the boat and is now at the bottom of the sea.

You just can't get the staff!
I think I remember watching a documentary on that. Makes you wonder how many stones were lost by the original builders!

Maybe just me but I find those small buildings or trees on the far left to be a distraction.

Not just you -- I find them distracting also. Otherwise, a beautiful shot. Wonder how it looks in color?

Thanks! I was wondering who was going to ask that question... I may work on a color version, but I would have to start from scratch as this image was heavily edited in PS after the initial B&W conversion, so I can't just go back to color, unfortunately, since the current file doesn't still contain the color information..

Most reactions

New Topics

Back