Not open for further replies.

jamesbjenkins

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.ballengerphotos.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Ironically, the thread will probably be deleted immediately.

The mods really need to stop deleting threads and posts for completely arbitrary reasons. There's no excuse for mods exercising personal opinions.

Unless a thread violates the terms of service, and ESPECIALLY if a thread is posted in the off-topic chat section... leave it alone.

Robin posted a lighthearted farewell post, not flouncing at all, but it was promptly deleted. That's bullcrap.

I've noticed this happening way too much recently and it needs to stop now. It doesn't bring any new members or increased pageviews, so there's no room for the "registered members don't matter to us" argument (Keith).

It just needs to be said. So go ahead and delete this thread and prove my point.

I know when I get deleted it's because I cross the line... I do that often!

Yea.. but we never know where the "line" is! It seems to change depending on which Mod is online! lol!

Seriously? Schwetty's "goodbye" thread from this AM has already been deleted?????

You already know. lol

*stirs the pot*

You already know. lol

*stirs the pot*

Actually (while, yes.. I can guess)... I didn't get to read the thread. It was there, and I clicked on it.. and I got a message "You dont have permission to view this thread" or somesuch! :thumbdown: Then it was gone on the refresh!

MLeeK said:

The problem is that "the line" depends on which mod is reading the thread, and what mood they're in at that time. It seems completely arbitrary.

The mods should have no authority to delete a thread or post unless it violates the terms of service.

you that thread that was locked in the buy/sell? seller said the sale was on hold for now, so it was locked with a message saying "start a new thread" or something like that when it comes back up for sale. Why would you not want the OP to use their same thread? It minimizes database usage and keeps from having multiple threads for the same thing.

I guess he's just bored lately...as there is obviously no reason to do such things...in this case in fact, it only makes more clutter and more threads instead of making less threads. I lol'ed at that one as I personally found it kinda dumb.

but hey..it's entertainment for a boring saturday at work.

Ernicus said:
you that thread that was locked in the buy/sell? seller said the sale was on hold for now, so it was locked with a message saying "start a new thread" or something like that when it comes back up for sale. Why would you not want the OP to use their same thread? It minimizes database usage and keeps from having multiple threads for the same thing.

I guess he's just bored lately...as there is obviously no reason to do such things...in this case in fact, it only makes more clutter and more threads instead of making less threads. I lol'ed at that one as I personally found it kinda dumb.

but hey..it's entertainment for a boring saturday at work.

Megalomania.

You're right, different mods do moderate differently. Oddly enough, we're actually people too, and while TPF has a pretty clear set of guidelines for most situations, not all of us interpret a given post or issue identically. We do however do our best to ensure uniformity and unbiased moderating. Issues or concerns regarding any moderator or moderator's action, please contact the TPF Administrators.

Schwetty is leaving us? Why? I missed that one. Probably cuz it was deleted before I got on-line. I have GOT to quit sleeping. It's really cutting into my TPF time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Back