Stop Here...

WNK

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
79b935887756d8bc2856ca74711ac66b-.jpg

872e5f1bb502238d97dcb9770d0123c2-.jpg

Critiques always welcome!! Thanks for stopping ;)

I don't like those pictures... they got nothing to says.
the first one has a low framing, low composition, low DOF and as if those were not enough, your pillar is tilted.
the second is even more poor than the first one as a composition.
they look just like you were boring waiting for the barrier to lift.

I am so harsh because I know you can better.... and I don't understand why did you posted them.

c'mon, let's see some of your real work !

Personally, I like it... i love how the train is moving in the background... it gives me warm fuzy feelings of all the dates i went on withmy dh. we saw trains all the time on our 5 hour long walks.
I really just like the 1st one.

This first one is a nice urban photo, but I'd like to see it in sepia or black and white. There's too much going on for color.

I honestly don't care for the second one at all.:meh:

It was a very spur-of-the-moment pic taken outside your side window, wasn't it, Wendy? I can see some reflection in the bottom part of the first pic. So yes, it shows that little thought went into perfect composition and the top of the red lights got cropped off.
So in the end it really WAS a bit more of a snapshot than a well planned photo?

Thank you all for your honest critiques! I really do appreciate it!

These were definately spur-of-the-moment, and I did not have time to "set up" for these.

The first one I liked the visual contrast between the stationary sign and the movement of the train in the background. I'm rather fond of trains, and personally, the first one appeals to me.

The second one, I'll admit, I was just waiting for the barrier, but was hoping for suggestions on something I could "do" with this photo. It sounds, however, like this is one to toss.

I do think I'll play with the B&W on these, and DEFINATELY fix the tilt of the first one (yikes! hadnt even noticed that!) Again, thanks so much for your honest critiques! :)

i do like the first. the contrast between the movement of the train and the stationary sign which also says "stop", which i think adds more.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back