STOP LOOKING AT THE LCD!!!!!

It has to be totally light-tight. That's why.

This ALWAYS happens to me when shooting lightning. I look to see what I got and if it's the correct exposure (which can never be told from the histogram at least for me, I just look at the picture) and then a great bolt comes up.....bugs the crap out of me

~Michael~

just use some black insolation tape :)

It has to be totally light-tight. That's why.
That makes sense.

As for Covering the LCD, $20+ a roll is a bit steep :er:

This reminds me of a 'learning tool' I read about a while ago and thought was clever.
To help 'the average tourist' improve their digital photos, take a small square of tape and put it into the centre of their LCD screen. Then hopefully, their photos won't all have their subjects dead centre.

I think chimping, for most people, inherently lends itself to being under-confident...not trusting yourself or your equipment. If you really know what you're doing, there are few times when checking a preview or histogram will actually make a difference.

I think chimping, for most people, inherently lends itself to being under-confident...not trusting yourself or your equipment. If you really know what you're doing, there are few times when checking a preview or histogram will actually make a difference.

Enough said. Great point

~Michael~

Completely ignoring the prominent history of Polaroid in professional and serious photography for the last 50 years, painters and sculptors get to look at their work as it's being made. No one would accuse them of being diffident for using their eyes. I take best advantage of the tools I'm given. When I'm painting or drawing I'm allowed to make as many preliminary sketches as I want. No one would ever expect me to create a painting without some rough sketches, some redos, even going back and starting over. Not all photography subjects and situations lend themselves to spending a lot of time, but in general I'm convinced that having instant preview available is more of a help than a hindrance.

I agree!!!

1) Histogram is just another tool to leverage. I see no difference between chimping the histogram and double checking exposure with a handheld meter.
2) Shooting digital is not like shooting film. Its easier to loose details in the shadows and highlights when shooting digital... film is more forgiving.

I guess people also have forgotten how polariod made money in the past.

This reminds me of a 'learning tool' I read about a while ago and thought was clever.
To help 'the average tourist' improve their digital photos, take a small square of tape and put it into the centre of their LCD screen. Then hopefully, their photos won't all have their subjects dead centre.

Haha, that's a good one! Kinda makes you wonder why camera makers don't put the auto-focus points on the rule of thirds points instead of the center! :)

If you really know what you're doing, there are few times when checking a preview or histogram will actually make a difference.

To be fair, maybe some folks don't know what they're doing (yet). It's called practicing and learning.

Jon

To be fair, maybe some folks don't know what they're doing (yet). It's called practicing and learning.

Jon

If that were the case there would be few to no advanced or professionals chimping.

If you ever watch someone chimp, a beginner or professional, it's quite easy to see in almost all cases it's a crutch and not a learning tool.

Most reactions

Back