Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.lewlortonphoto.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Stop sign in the West

20060523swvaction00119ns0.jpg

Has to be a democratic stop sing it is so confusing. The message might be blurred but the image is very nice. On my monitor it might be a little too bright. I notice the power line running across it. I think that might be an easy fix worth doing.

I did a quick redo of it but decided not to use it. It lost the feeling of 110 degrees in the shade. As for the power line it's what you saw and that's what is there. I am beginning to change my opinion about how much editing is a good thing. Would it really help to tell the story if the line was gone not one bit. It was for me a matter of take it out because I could. That I'm coming to believe it not necessarily a good thing.

It's awfully bright for me as well. If you simply softened the colors, this would be really cool. I like the off-hilter look of the stop sign too.

I have never written this list before so I might have missed a couple.

About 40 of the US states
Puerto Rico
Hawaii
Canada
Bermuda*
Nassau*
Mexico
Panama
Peru*
Virgin Islands
England
Scotland*
France
Spain
Netherlands
Belgium
Denmark*
Finland*
Germany - both
Poland*
Hungary*
Austria
Luxembourg
Lichtenstein
Italy
Ethiopia*
Somalia*
Philipines*
Japan
Thailand
Burma*
Cambodia*
Vietnam
Laos*

My only planned trip to Russia was called off at last moment.
The ones with asterisk were one-time visits only.
My favorite country so far is Laos.
None of these were pass-throughs. [I don't count overnights in Alaska, Taiwan, Hong Kong or Iceland] The shortest was probably Luxembourg or Lichtenstein for two days (very small country). The longest was Germany for 4 years, next Laos for 6 weeks.

it is bright, I'm guessing taken mid-day? Great shot, maybe you could start a "stop sign" thread?

Most reactions

Back