STOP THE NIKON CANNON DEBATE

D-50

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Just want to throw this out there. NO MORE NIKON vs. Cannon Debating!! they are both quality brands and you cant go wrong with either. I know that this question tends to be the reason people sign up for this forum but I wish people would do a search on it before posting the question, everytime the same debate ensues, and the person who asked the question is left with this response "Go feel both cameras for yourself and see which one you like more" IMO this subject is a waste of server space, its like debating politics no one is right and no one is wrong. Its like asking what is a better flavor of ice cream vanilla or chocolate?

And as I prefer strawberry (aka Pentax) I couldn't agree more. To be honest I don't mind the question itself as it often comes from new folks who understandably haven't seen how many times the subject's come up here. But everyone then uses it as an opportunity to say Go Brand A or Brand B is king. When I read several pages of answers one way and another and even the ones saying how both are good, I usually chip in as well pointing out that there are more than two options. God knows I shouldn't get involved but I like to see good companies selling good products rather than everyone just following marketing and hype. The questions are usually so unspecific that I feel like someone's just walked past a 400D poster and a D80 poster, immediately decided to buy one and gone online to ask which is better. I vaguely recall a time in the distant past when you could walk into a camera shop, handle a camera and see what it could do. In the more recent past I remember looking for a dSLR myself. I deliberated long and hard before spending the money. I often asked for others' advice and experiences, and am very grateful for the help I received here, but I realised it ultimately had to be my decision. I don't understand why so many people want to have their entire set-up chosen for them rather than have a choice in how they spend their money. But then I get annoyed when other people are endlessly indecisive in restaurants so it takes forever to get the order in. Fortunately most folks here are more patient and relaxed than myself or people would get their heads bitten off every time they ask a question that was asked once before. :lol:

... although personally, in a combat situation I would definitely rather have a Cannon than a Nikon. Canon vs Nikon I'm not so sure about though :D

The debate over the Nikon Cannon of course! In future conflicts the government is planning to fire Nikons toward the civilian population using a Nikon Cannon, so that they can take photos and upload them, thus saving the military the need to carry out reconnaisance. Don't you read the papers? :lol:

Its like asking what is a better flavor of ice cream vanilla or chocolate?

Actually, it's like asking what is a better flavor of vanilla ice cream: country style vanilla, or home style vanilla. Don't blame the newbies, Canon and Nikon spend millions of dollars each year to make sure the debate continues.

I'll have to go for Kiev then, since I can't persuade my Zorki to work. :)

I'm still waiting for a Zorki versus Kiev thread.
ooo! Start one..... :twisted:

No, wait. I'm supposed to help bust people, not be an instigator. :bigangel:

We already have a "no film vs digital debates" rule here.....should I add one for Canon vs Nikon? Show of hands here! :lol:

Actually, it's like asking what is a better flavor of vanilla ice cream: country style vanilla, or home style vanilla. Don't blame the newbies, Canon and Nikon spend millions of dollars each year to make sure the debate continues.

Sorry Pal.. Frozen Custard beats them all. :lol: :thumbup:

With the exception of some diehards who want to prove that their brand is better than "your" brand, I bet the majority of us agree. Take your pick, and that's what's best. That includes some brands and models, other than Canon or Nikon.

The real answer is "what do you want to do with your camera", because that can make more of a difference than a brand name or logo stuck on the camera.

And usually it can come down to, how much do you want to spend!

What about camerai n the flavor of rainbow sherbet?

a little bit of everything!

The thing is that although they are both make high quality cameras, Canons have different strengths than Nikons. (or Pentaxes or Sonys)

So there IS a better camera for each person, depending on their values.

If one was simply BETTER than another, there would be no point. But it isn't that simple.

So now we are wasting server space debating about whether we should debate about it, even though we're all fairly sure the debate will continue. Nice work! :D

Most reactions

Back