Store Refund Policies...

Miaow

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
s7.invisionfree.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Thought this was interesting - My bro got me a CPL filter for my birthday and this was on the bottom of the invoice...

"Goods purchased from xxxx may be returned withing 14 days, if found to be faulty, or for exchange, when goods are returned in their original packaging and is unopened."

How the hell can you tell something if faulty without opening it??

They've got themselves pretty covered there haven't they :/

I think they mean if it is faulty you can return it. Also, if you decide you do not want it and it is unopened, you can exchange it too. So two different situations.

Even my bro said the same that he thought it meant they wouldnt return it if open even if faulty? The way they have phrased it makes it sounds like it has to be unopened in both cases..

There's nothing wrong with the filter though which is good :)

Haha! Yeah, I guess the best option is just keeping what you buy :D

Yeah, I think they like making fine print as difficult to read and understand as possible...

I always ask an associate about return/exchange polices, even if it's in writting... They can be tricky!

I work for the company that had the worst return policy ever.
Haha anyone guess?

He could always ask for a gift receipt so that the policy begins on the date of receipt by the end user. We offer this at my auto parts store, though not many people givin' a distributor cap for a '67 Nova for a 50th wedding anniversary gift.

I work for the company that had the worst return policy ever.
Haha anyone guess?

Target, yay!

Luckily for you, you don't have to tell them they're SOL. I'm not too big on going to work knowing I'm probably going to be yelled at for something I have no control over. If only people could understand.

My advice? If you buy something expensive (a new flat-screen TV maybe). Keep the receipt with it. TAPE it to the back. It will save everyone a lot of hassle if the TV goes down. If the receipt's expired, don't be afraid to call the manufacturer. A lot of the time, they're willing to help. Maybe not in the case of a 47" plasma, but I've seen small appliances and things like that replaced.

However, the service desk is good for a few laughs now and then. Like that woman who wanted to return an item that her daughter had... in another State.

South of Melbourne? This is Australia not America. Being sold something faulty is covered by the Trade Practices Act regardless of what the store "policy" is. Writing we accept no returns under any circumstances even if faulty is only likely to get them slapped with a huge fine.

Well one good thing is that I don't think I'll ever be getting anything from that shop again away due to the distance from me (It was a place in the city that's close to where my bro works which is why he got the filter there) and that policy just makes it even more obvious to me on why not to buy from them....

Though be interesting to find out if any one did return something faulty to them and what happened etc...

as of late, what i've found (i reorganized my filing cabinet) is that none of my receipts are legible. just white shiney paper now because the ink fades so quickly. apply a little heat and it's even quicker.

luckily, i photocopied everything and stapled the originals to the copies.. none of these are really relevant because the faded ones are mostly 6 months or older and i couldn't return them anyway. but say i needed the original receipt for a warrenty issue and didn't have a photocopier?
it's minor, i know. but it bothers me a little - it just creates a hassle.

Most reactions

Back