storing negatives with the index print

Dweller

Inconspicuous Supporter
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Anyone know of a decent way to store a set of negatives with the index print? I am ending up with more and more negs and have index prints for almost every set but need to find some way to store them all and thought I would see what you guys are doing. :)

I was amazed when my wife, who isn't phased by photography at all, came home one day with an album that has a pocket sized to hold prints and a cd and an additional slot specifically for the negatives. The index sheet goes on top to see what they all are. my jaw hit the floor and now she is in charge of archiving:):lmao:

Right now I'm using manilla envelopes. I put the negatives in plastic bags inside and tape the index print to the outside. Each bag in each envelope is numbered depending on what roll of film i'm on, say roll 15. Then the envelope is numbered 15 so I know where everything goes. On the other side of the envelope I write the camera, film type, any extra info, date, etc... I have about 15 of these and I put them in a little plastic holder.

Dave_D said:
I was amazed when my wife, who isn't phased by photography at all, came home one day with an album that has a pocket sized to hold prints and a cd and an additional slot specifically for the negatives. The index sheet goes on top to see what they all are. my jaw hit the floor and now she is in charge of archiving:):lmao:

Wow you dont know who makes those or where I could find one do you? I would love to have something like that. The inclusion of a CD pocket is a great idea I had not considered before.

I was hoping to find something like this at amazon since I have a gift card I need to burn up.. Guess Iw ill keep looking. Thanks for the update

Most reactions

New Topics

Back