Straightening part of a photo in Paint Shop Pro XI

m1a1fan

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hello,

I shot a picture of this barn on the way to work today and was wondering if there is a way to straighten just the Silo? When I was out taking this shot, I did notice that the Silo was leaning into the barn a bit but the photo seems to amplify (the amount of lean) this a bit more.

I dug through the help feature of Paint Shop and already know how to straighten the overall photo but I don't know if just a part of the photo can be straightened.

FEEL FREE TO PLAY AROUND WITH THE IMAGE BELOW

DSC_00160001.jpg

There may be a better or easier way to do this, but I don't know it.

1- make a rectangle selection around the silo. Make the selection much larger than the silo to allow you to straighten and change the perspective. This is needed so you don't cut off the silo in the process.
2-Once you have the selection. Copy, Paste as new image.
3-Now take the silo image and straighten and also use the perspective tool to correct the perspective.
4- Now make a tight selection around the final silo
5- Go back to the original image. I would reselect the silo here and make a tighter selection then delete.
6- On the original, Use the clone tool to fill in the empty space where you deleted the silo. Take some time to blend blend carefully. Doing it here is much easier than after you place the new silo.
7-Select the image with the silo, Copy the selected and corrected silo. Should still be selected from step 4.
8-Selected the original image, righ click, Paste as as new layer
9-Position the Silo and clean up the edge with the clone tool.

note- When I use the clone tool, I make a copy from the original image and use the second image as my clone source. Makes a much smoother clone.

I hope that helps. It will take a little time

Heres a quick sample. Please note you can take your time and make this look much better. Hope this helps.
original.jpg

Most reactions

Back