Strange Issue

michellerenee

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I have a Pentax K-1000 camera and it's worked perfectly fine until one day i tried to develop one of my rolls of film at Target. When my negatives were processed, it showed that nothing had been exposed onto the film at all. (but my film was not exposed to light) it was just blank. It was strange so I thought I needed a new camera considering that one was old. However the strange thing was that the shutter still opened and everything functioned as normal, battery was fine and everything.

I just got a new camera. A Minolta QTsi, and I had the SAME issue! Everything in the camera WORKS. I'm starting to think that maybe it's Target? maybe they have the chemicals wrong in the machine? I've seen other film go through there before (I work at the dept next to the photo dept) and i've seen pictures come out before! Also I think I should mention that my film hasn't expired either. Any suggestions on what this could be??

Sounds like to me your not getting the film threaded properly and it's not advancing. Thus you have unexposed film. Been there done that....

With no film on the camera, open the back film door, and move the film advance lever, does the roll (on rh side of inside the camera) you attach the film to (with the little pegs) on it move to the right?

Click the shutter, do it again, still move?

Hold the camera up in front of your eye with the back door still open, looking at the back of the shutter into the camera. Now trip the shutter button. Does the shutter pop us so you can actually see light through the camera lens?

Set your camera shutter to "B" (if you can) or at least a slower shutter speed. When you depress the shutter and hold the button down, the shutter should remain open in "B", or open and close slower in a slow speed, so you can see actual images and light through the lens.

If you can do all of the above, it isn't likely to be the camera, imho.

There ought to be a camera shop around somewhere that would help a lady in distress.

Good luck!

I too am inclined to believe that it's an issue in the advancing of the film. Be it a loading failure or an advancing issue I can not be sure but it definately sounds like the film is not getting through the camera.

one would think hwoever i've done experiments with my camera to make sure it's advanced by (purposely exposing film to make sure) and it's advancing. My lens cap is off as well while I'm taking pictures..

PatrickHMS, yes I have done all of the above :) it all works like it's supposed to...

Is it possible that it's simply a chemical problem within the machine at the place I develop the pictures?

Wile there is a possibility that the lab screwed up the negitives, the chances of it happening twice in a row to you alone on seperate trips with out the lab getting shut down for repair are nearly non existant.

I want to know, are the negatives red, or black?

What do the negs look like? Black or clear or something else?

hey guys thanks for all the feedback! I was right, it was the photo lab I was going to, One would think that such a problem would be fixed but obviously it hasnt been, I am the reason why they're getting it fixed now so that's good. I'm glad it wasn't anything I've been doing with my camera. Again, thanks again!

Most reactions

Back