Strange masks for C&C please...

MIW1971

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I decided to go for a walk downtown today and took my cameraalong with me, to get some practice in. I found these masks mounted on thewalls of several buildings as I was walking down the street. Kinda strangelooking, but interesting at the same time. Please Comment and Critique… Allphotos where shot with my Canon T1i with my 50mm 1.8 II prime lens.

Thanks

1)

IMG_6934 by miw1971, on Flickr

1/250
f/1.8
ISO 100

2)

IMG_7034 by miw1971, on Flickr

1/200
f/1.8
ISO 100

3)

IMG_7050 by miw1971, on Flickr

1/320
f/1.8
ISO 100

Am I asking for c&c in the wrong way? My last two post for c&c have gone in answered. I know my photos aren't perfect or are they??

I personally don't like the angles.. I do prefer #1 over the other ones.. I just feel like I'm not feeling image of the mask.

When you post at 11pm on Sunday night.. and most people have to work on Monday.... what do you expect? Give it some time!

These shots are basically good snapshots... focus appears good... Exposures are ok.

Your framing needs work. Watch your backgrounds.. the pics with a corner showing and the partial shot from "across the street" just don't look good... this is distracting.

I would suggest that you stop shooting at F1.8 until you get more experience. The DOF on most of these (on your Flickr) does not adequately cover the entire masks. Not to mention that most lenses are sharper when stopped down a stop or two.

You've shot other person's art work with very little added to make an impact.

Photos should show your input too.

Like the thin depth of field...backgrounds ruin the effect.
Next time try just a bit less extreme angle so you can keep the framing.

Most reactions

Back