Watch the Birdy!
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.johnsphotography.ca
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
In the last two or three days, a strange new issue has started to occur when I load a page, follow a link, etc. On a very random basis the page will simply not load. The page will go blank, and the "loading" symbol appears on the tab, and nothing happens. It doesn't matter if I wait two minutes or twenty-two minutes. Trying to refresh the page (either via F5 or right-click, "Refresh") does no good. Sometimes it will happen once every few page-loads, other times it will half-a-dozen times in a row. Running Win 7 and IE 9.0.8.

In the last two or three days, a strange new issue has started to occur when I load a page, follow a link, etc. On a very random basis the page will simply not load. The page will go blank, and the "loading" symbol appears on the tab, and nothing happens. It doesn't matter if I wait two minutes or twenty-two minutes. Trying to refresh the page (either via F5 or right-click, "Refresh") does no good. Sometimes it will happen once every few page-loads, other times it will half-a-dozen times in a row. Running Win 7 and IE 9.0.8.

I had some of the stupid ad's hanging up... but nothing closing firefox and reopening didn't fix. You might try Firefox.. it is mostly compatible with everything, and not as flaky as IE 9!

I've had the screen turn light grey but hitting the scroll wheel fixes it. I think my problem is the latest upgrade to Safari, though I haven't noticed it on other forums, yet.

Try clearing the cache?

I've tried clearing the cache, rebooting, opening new instances of IE, etc, etc, etc... Since I'm not seeing the problem on any other machine, I'm guessing it is an issue which exists with that version of IE, but it's annoying regardles, and I'm not about to install another browser just for that. As strange as it may seem to some, I quite like IE.

I used IE for years and had no issues, despite reading how inconsistent it can be, and prone to "issues". It might be that this new IE version is simply the one that's going to give you certain issues. I quit using it long ago because of simple issues that started, and tried Firefox and Chrome. Anytime something goes squirrelly on FF, I can do with Chrome, and vice versa. I see no reason to have IE in the lineup anymore.

You might try downloading FF and just see if the issue self-resolves with a different browser. I've not experienced what you are describing at all.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back