straw

JonMikal

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
does anyone like this? trash?

11222167-L.jpg

If you could clone the stuff off of the wall, it would benefit, IMHO. It's good but not as good as your usual stuff jonmikal.

I hope you don't really have to know what you're talking about in order to give a critique in this forum.

I'll blab an opinion anyway.

I like this shot. I like the contrasts. I like the reflection on the table. And (key point) it makes me hungry.

Thanks for sharing this pic.

James

edit: I'm not so sure about the title though... the straw(s) don't seem to be the main point of interest.

Thank James. I didn't know how to title this thing...i just kept seeing the glow. Hobbes, my man, i'm loosing your interest, ARGH! I better tighten up!

Question for you...did you convert to black and white (forgive me for I should know what you are shooting with by now). If so, what method did you use. I convert using a program that's based on basically the same effect you would get using a filter. There's just something about the contrast here that seems off to me, and I wonder if you tried some different conversion methods (if this was digital) if that would help. Maybe it's just that the glasses/liquid seems a tad dark.

And, don't mind Hobbes....you've still got my interest :)

actually, this was nothing i worked on at all. just something i ran across using virtual photographer. i channel mixed a little. just appealed to me at the time. maybe its these darn percocet tabs im taking :drunk:

i don't know, i keep looking at it and it still appeals. seems to capture a mood for me that day.

I could see this picture hanging in a kitchen or a bar somewhere. The only thing that pulls it down for me is the stuff on the wall between the two glasses.

hehehe...percocet....

I think Hobbes nailed what I think is bugging me. I like it but the differences in colors on the wall are a little off putting for me.

Its nice to see something new, and not of your norm from you tho Jonmikal!

I like it.

How did you get that "glow"?

Thanks Dan! Virtual Photographer provided the glow; it just appeared and appealed to me. If you guys don't have virtualphotographer you need to download it if you enjoy PSing.

I really like the high key napkins, but I'm afraid the glasses don't do anything for me. What about replacing the glasses with a flower & vase or something?

Most reactions

Back