Stream through the forest

Mendoza

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I don't know if I'm so crazy about this but here it is anyway.

phoenixstreamhdr3upload.jpg

^The effect was meant to be subtle. For the sake of comparison, here is one of the source images:
img2276upload.jpg

In the HDR image you should be able to see a little more detail, particularly in the highlights and shadow areas. As I mentioned though I'm not so crazy about this; it may not be the best candidate for HDR.

I'd say you've been perhaps a little too subtle for this shot. I would have at least tried to contain the highlights within the series of shots so that in the final the sky and water spots would not be blown out. Shadowed areas work rather well in being kept dark, they don't distaract. But bright spots attract out eyes attention and so stand out a lot more, especailly when they are blown out.

Last edited:
I'd say you've been perhaps a little too subtel for this shot. I would have at least tried to contain the highlights within the series of shots so that in the final the sky and water spots would not be blown out..

I agree with Overread on this one, the photo has nice composition but I think that it would add a lot to the photo if there was a little more HDR involved.

Here is an edit I did to increase the HDR presence a bit:

Last edited:
Thanks for the suggestions. I'm going to try re-working it a bit.

As of lately I am seeing an increase usage in the the word "subtle":er:

This one is not working for me. There are too many distracting elements. The background elemnts are fine. There is too much going on in the foreground.. maybe it's just me.

What's wrong with subtle?

Also you might find it hard to rework on those waterpatches unless you have a shot exposed more for them than anything else. You might find some like if you shot in RAW and process the most underexposed shot twice - dragging the exposure meter all the way to underexpose and thus try to show up any details that might have been captured in those areas.

wlPhotography, Im curious why you edited the OP photo. Since you dont want people editing yours, I would assume you would treat others the same way. I see two factions, those who are ok with it, and those who dont like it.

The Op has "My Photos Are OK to Edit" in their profile display so there is nothing wrong in editing and displaying an edit of the Ops work in this context.
The thing is some oeople use the forum to display completed works upon, images that they have edited and adjusted and who don't really want to see the direct editing or the "creative eye" of others on their images. So hence why we have the no editing option in peoples profiles. They may still ask for feedback on their work of course, they just won't get edits as a result.

Whilst others are more learners and want to have such feedback and input on their work - from a simple crop down to more intensive editing - and thus we have the other option for themselves as well.

To me when someone says Dont Touch My Photos, it denotes an air of snobbishness or conceit. My attitude is if I post it then its now open to anyones interpretation and knock yourself out if you can improve on it. I will freely admit I dont know it all unlike those others. And I still say if you dont want anyone touching your photos then you shouldnt touch anyone elses. Those giving the Ok should be the only ones making edits to others work.

i like it, it doesn't have to be blown out and over processed to be HDR lol

Most reactions

Back