Street artists in Central Market, Kuala Lumpur

mylo

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
It's been a couple of years since I've traveled to Central Market (Malay: Pasar Seni; Chinese: 中央艺术坊; Tamil: மத்திய சந்தை) in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.

What makes me so attracted to Central Market?

The talented portrait artists! These professionals espoused a style of naturalistic portraiture in oil and pastel, celebrating Malaysian identity, culture and values. I’m always fascinated with the artistic’s process, how he achieves his unique drawing, and to be let into the painter’s world, as it was happening, was truly rewarding.

Here are some of the photos FRESH from Central Market, Kuala Lumpur:

FB-CM13_1387_zps23e4c1f4.jpg

Title: The artist's brew
About: Ahmad Anshoiae, the sand art master has 24 containers for keeping different colored sands which he mixes to create more vibrant colors.

Photo Technical Details:
SHUTTER SPEED: 1/125 s
ISO: 250
F-STOP: f/5.6
FOCAL LENGTH: 35mm
CAMERA: Nikon D3200

Read and see full photo blog version:
A Malaysian Photo And Travel Blog: The Street Artists in Central Market, Kuala Lumpur

FB-CM8_1370_zpsf18761ee.jpg

Title: The siblings
About: The process of creating an amazing portrait can be nerve wracking, tedious and time consuming. Perhaps that's the reason for a high price tag.

Photo Technical Details:
SHUTTER SPEED: 1/500 s
ISO: 1000
F-STOP: f/4.5
FOCAL LENGTH: 35mm

A Malaysian Photo And Travel Blog: The Street Artists in Central Market, Kuala Lumpur

FB-CM15_1339_zpsa37d7b32.jpg

Title: Gentle strokes
About: You can commission an oil portrait for as little as RM 250 at the painters studios in the Central Market Annexe. Worth every single penny!

Photo Technical Details:
SHUTTER SPEED: 1/400 s
ISO: 3200
F-STOP: f/5.6
FOCAL LENGTH: 105mm

All quite nice but I wonder why you converted images so oriented towards color to BW. That surely takes some impact away.

The last image would, I think, benefit greatly from darkening and sharpening the artist's hand.

I envy your photo opportunities.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back