Street Lights

Anita

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Here are some after dark photos. My goal was to tell a story of fast moving cars at night using a very slow shutter speed. Obviously, the red lights you see are the taillights and the white lights are the oncoming traffic. Also, you can see traffic lights in the distance.

On some of these I left the mailboxes in to show how busy our world has become in residential areas.

On all of these I metered off the sky above and then stopped down 1 stop. Please tell me what you think.

1)
streetlights1_resize.jpg

2)
streetlights2_resize.jpg

3)
streetlights3_resize.jpg

4)
streetlights4_resize.jpg

I almost think the mailboxes being in make the shots seem too snapshotty rather than planned out and such, at least in the composition department. Still nice shots though.

Thanks everyone! I had a lot of fun taking these.

What do you think if I took the power lines out as well as the mailboxes?

It would look much nicer if the powerlines and mailboxes were removed. 'Course, I don't think you could do much about that. :lmao: They are very nice. I think there is also a little bit too much sky in the picture. Try to bring up the motion of the light a little higher in the picture (such as in the first picture). Also, I would suggest brightening up the trees. Otherwise, it's a great shot.

Thanks everyone! I had a lot of fun taking these.

I think you would be better repeating the shoot in a location that had no power lines or mailboxes to begin with.

But it may be difficult to find a road like that which will have the traffic necessary to get the effect you are attempting.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back