Street photography: another attempt, shooting from the hip, c&c please :)

noritje

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
faiezshoots.wordpress.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Ok, here goes another set of my attempt at street photography. I've been reading a lot about it and it's amazing! But anyway, I'm still nervous doing it the right way, which is be in the action and take pictures openly etc... so this time I shoot from the hip :p these are taken at the airport. :D

Ok be honest now, I can take it, I think... hahahaha! Oh well, I'm here to learn, so shoot (pun intended).

The Waiting
_mg_08051.jpg

The Search
_mg_0806.jpg

The Three & 4
_mg_0797.jpg

The Reunion
_mg_0799.jpg

I think they are a great start to street photography (honestly it's pretty difficult thing to do), but I think the focus is either blurry or not on the right part of the subject in these photos. Especially in the second one because none of the subjects are in focus, also the big box to the right of the photo is slightly distracting. Other than that I think you are getting interesting subjects, but I think they just need some more tweaking and maybe take a little bit more time setting up the shot.

I think they are a great start to street photography (honestly it's pretty difficult thing to do), but I think the focus is either blurry or not on the right part of the subject in these photos. Especially in the second one because none of the subjects are in focus, also the big box to the right of the photo is slightly distracting. Other than that I think you are getting interesting subjects, but I think they just need some more tweaking and maybe take a little bit more time setting up the shot.

Ah thanks! I still need to learn a lot, also to understand the focal length of my lens without having to use viewfinder... and taking up time for the shot, haha. I was basically just shooting away, with nervousness haha. :p

Couple of tips with the focus issue.

1) Preset your camera to approxximatly the range you expect to take images.
2) Preset your aperture to f8 or f11 to give a bit more depth of field.

A third tip is perhaps to invest in a MF TLR Camera, I find them excellent for Street photography and they are waist level cameras, quiet, quick to use. Not to mention the Square format is fun too :). Means working with film but that's part of the fun.

Couple of tips with the focus issue.

1) Preset your camera to approxximatly the range you expect to take images.
2) Preset your aperture to f8 or f11 to give a bit more depth of field.

A third tip is perhaps to invest in a MF TLR Camera, I find them excellent for Street photography and they are waist level cameras, quiet, quick to use. Not to mention the Square format is fun too :). Means working with film but that's part of the fun.

Thanks for the tips! :)

As for that MF TLR Camera (I didn't even know what it is until I googled them), it has to hold, haha. I am soooo noob in photography, I even suck at PP let alone handling film :D but I am thinking of learning and do this seriously... and for now, it's learning timeeeeeeee! ;)

Most reactions

Back