Street Photography/Candid Shots

mad_malteaser

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
My all time favourite kind of photographs are the ones where you get great shots of people who aren't posing for the camera. But I find it so difficult to find those great shots!

People have a terrible habit of striking a pose when they see a camera, or the other extreme - running away, screaming in terror. I have thrown away too many photographs of people with grimaces on their faces at the edge of my shots.

So how do you guys cope with the abnormality that is human behaviour? And any chance I can see some of your Street Photography?

mad_malteaser said:
So how do you guys cope with the abnormality that is human behaviour? And any chance I can see some of your Street Photography?

I just keep shooting. Sometimes it's hard to find the right subject that doesn't pose or runaway, but when you find, it's well worth waiting for it.

Daniel: I think I'm slowly learning that persistence is everything.

TwistMyArm: Hey that's a great tip. I'll have to give that one a try. And thanks for the link. Beautiful photographs!

Shoot from the hip...isn't that an AC/DC song??? :D No, wait...that's just a line in the song..it's 'Stiff Upper Lip!'

Most reactions

Back