Street Photography in Turkey

Hi Caleb - nice work! In #1, I think the vignette might be a touch strong, but it does help to isolate the subject. I really like #2, but I wish we could see the person's face. I think it might be an even stronger image if you were to crop one side or the other and move him out of the middle. Lastly, the clock tower is a nice enough shot. If you could, I think cloning out the apartment building, or at least cloning it so it looked less like an apartment building might help. It's not prominent, but there is just enough of it to be distracting.

thank you, I agree with you about the vignette it is a really stronge. In the 2nd one I could not get his face, he didnt let me hahaha

thank you, ya it is a bit scary when people give you the 'look'

Last edited:
Seeing your pictures reinforces my desire to go back to turkey. I lived there for just over 3 years. Wonderful country. Thanks for posting.

where did you live in Turkey, its a beautiful country sadly thought I enjoy only taking the sad parts of it...

Thank you so much for sharing your photos! Turkey definitely offers a lot of opportunity for street photographers. I like the 3 pictures a lot and I would love to see even more of your photos! :D

What camera did you use?

I think this fellow is one to watch. :sexywink:
Thanks for posting your photos and I hope you become a regular so we can see your progression.

Thanks every one for your kind words, I really hope to keep progressing in photography, I shot this with a Canon 550D. Great camera but because I am an athlete I use it for lots of sports photography and I am finding the 3.7 con. burst a bit slow. But this is all I can afford, and it not about the gear its about the photographer!

Love the first! I agree the second should be cropped so he is off to the side. What lens did you use on #1? It's so sharp! Post more soon... I really love them!

#1 Wow. I love this photo. A lot. Nice work!
#2 I like it, would maybe crop out some of the bottom
#3 The vignette is too prominent for me, and the colors feel over saturated.

Look forward to seeing more of your work !

Thank you, I used a Canon 50 mm f/1.4. Its a supper lens!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back