Street Scene Hop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good shot for what it is. The girl looks too bored, though.

Is that a real gun? if so WTF!! Not to sound like an old man but why do you or he have a gun? Must be tough out there on the streets huh.... If it was just a fake prop then disregard this comment, if it was not feel free to take offense to this comment because that is f*%#ing ridiculous, doesn't even fit the shot.

Ok, I'm a little confused as to why I'm sent to a gallery when this is a single photo presentation judgement area.
However, they are here, so I hope you don't mind the generalness of this critique.
First of all, you have a good eye for composition and post.
However, you work as a group suffers from inconsistant lighting. Some is underexposed, some overexposed.
The gallery is fine. My crit would be to work with your lighting issues.
Thank you for sharing and keep shooting!

Is that a real gun? if so WTF!! Not to sound like an old man but why do you or he have a gun? Must be tough out there on the streets huh.... If it was just a fake prop then disregard this comment, if it was not feel free to take offense to this comment because that is f*%#ing ridiculous, doesn't even fit the shot.

I agree. I commented on the pic in the gallery.

Love & Bass

What I'm about to say, might be a little rough, but this is the section for tough C+C so far as I know, but I hope you don't take any of what I'm about to say, as a reason to quit photography, just to improve your exposures.

First off, I'd like to comment on the photograph you actually submitted, I think it needs lighting work in serious way, much like the rest of your pics in the gallery. It's really too bad, as this shot, (the bike jump), could be fantastic.

How about putting a reflector/fill light at 8 o'clock" It could be as simple as a large sheet of white bristol board?

I think you got the composure and the timing right though! KUDOS!!!:thumbup:

Since all the cry-baby liberals seemed to have hijacked this thread, about your pistol pics, I might as well comment on it too.

Although, I don't know why people keep calling them "guns". Guns are on ships, they fire shells that level buildings and cut other ships in half.

What you've got there is a pistol. I must say, I'm a biased on these, as I don't like your choice of pistol, it's pretty out of focus, but it obviously looks like one of those cheapo polymer framed tactical-tupperware peices, like a S&W sigma, or Taurus PT series...

They're functional, but lack panache.

If you're going to take a picture of yourself with a pistol, use a pistol that photographs well, like an AMT hardballer, or a chrome 1911, or practically any revolver.

And for God's sake boy, it should either be in a holster, or you should hold it like you mean it....two handed, thumb over thumb, on the weak hand side.

Instead you're holding it like you're afraid that it's going to bite you or something.....!!!

If you're going to take photo's with firearms, they should SHOWCASE the weapon, not hide it in the shadows behind your hip..:thumbdown:

For inspiration, look up some of the photographs of Oleg Volk http://www.olegvolk.net/gallery/technology/arms/ ....Now there is a photog who' knows how to photograph a firearm.

***if it's not actually you holding the pistol, but someone you're taking pictures of...all of the same applies, it's just that you should instruct the model better...***

P.S. That skinny kid in the pictures obviously spent alot of money on his tattoo's, they should be lit better, to emphasize them.

Liberals? You say Im a liberal because I dont like things that are solely made to kill. I would say Im intelligent especially because when people like this kid (and yes I will judge here) have guns thats when bad things happen. Police and military should have guns, regular citizens no way. And dont hide behind the constitution, because it is grossly misinterpreted. Also do not hide behind "I like to hunt" if you like to hunt get a bow or a blade, get some skill because how hard is it really to kill a deer while its drinking from a stream, at least give a warning shot and then try to kill it as it runs but when its just standing there that is not a challenge at all. At least a bow gives the animal a chance and you need much more skill to shoot a bow than a gun, or be a man and use a blade, chase that animal down tackle it and stab it to death then its a fair fight.

Oh yeah and thanks for voting for Bush, he did a great job as president,really helped out the country and put your and my tax dollars to great use.....

Sorry for going off topic.

Liberals? You say Im a liberal because I dont like things that are solely made to kill. I would say Im intelligent especially because when people like this kid (and yes I will judge here) have guns thats when bad things happen. Police and military should have guns, regular citizens no way. And dont hide behind the constitution, because it is grossly misinterpreted. Also do not hide behind "I like to hunt" if you like to hunt get a bow or a blade, get some skill because how hard is it really to kill a deer while its drinking from a stream, at least give a warning shot and then try to kill it as it runs but when its just standing there that is not a challenge at all. At least a bow gives the animal a chance and you need much more skill to shoot a bow than a gun, or be a man and use a blade, chase that animal down tackle it and stab it to death then its a fair fight.

Oh yeah and thanks for voting for Bush, he did a great job as president,really helped out the country and put your and my tax dollars to great use.....

Sorry for going off topic.

hunt much? don't comment on what you don't know.

Liberals? You say Im a liberal because I dont like things that are solely made to kill. I would say Im intelligent especially because when people like this kid (and yes I will judge here) have guns thats when bad things happen. Police and military should have guns, regular citizens no way.
I'm sure you have a great plan to keep guns out of the hands of criminals? Sounds like a recipe for success when all the bad guys have guns and the only ones who can do anything about it are the cops, who almost always come to the scene after the crime has been committed.

Hunting is a ridiculous hobby, killing an animal for the sake of sport is absurd. I dont hunt becaue I think its a cruel act. Also statistics show people with guns are more likely to die by gun than someone without a gun.

Personally, I can't believe this is still here. It's a freaking gallery.
The shots, while overall good, are WILDLEY inconsistant.
If this poster is honest about crit, he/she would offer one at at a time.

Can somebody lock this already?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Back