Street shot Florence, Italy

DReali

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I'm gathering and editing some of my older shots that i haven't had time to process for a while now. Experimenting with a new pp technique....

a%3E
a%3E
set-72157626222823344
set-72157626222823344

C&C always welcome

Last edited:
I love the processing except the purple tint to his hair in the part.

Thanks Eric, I didn't notice the purple, one of the disadvantages of colorblindness... For exactly that reason I post on this forum, that way you lucky regular seeing folks can catch these things for me.

I have the same problem, except to me, I'm right and everyone else is wrong. Nice shot, care to share the EXIF?

I didn't even notice you were colorblind. How in the world do you edit pictures???

I didn't even notice you were colorblind. How in the world do you edit pictures???

Its the way forward now it seems, our shadow chancellor has no idea about economics but it hasn't kept him out of his well paid job, so colour blind or totally blind should matter zero to the photographers strutting their stuff in future. H

I don't like how his hair is blown out, and I think there should be either more room over his head, or you should crop up from the bottom and over from the right to take up some space, and make the top crop seem more balanced. But right now there is either too much space on the bottom and on the right side, or not enough space above his head.

Nice shot, care to share the EXIF?

Any chance that this was shot with a Canon 85mm F/1.2, wide open (or nearly so). That's my guess, due to the shallow DOF and what looks like longitudinal chromatic aberration (the purple tint)...it's especially noticeable on the shirt sleeve, image right.

Sorry I haven't replied earlier, everyone. I've been abroad without internet.
Thanks for the replies.

I do my best. The idea of colorblindeness is a bit finicky: the way you see the world is the same as how you view photos, regardless of how colorblind you are. Because I'm missing reds and greens when I edit my photos i don't add saturation to those two colors. In theory my editing skills should not be impaired. I suffer the same problem as any photographer. My eyes adjust and my brain's interpretations of colors, brightness, contrast... adjusts too. After staring at an image in photoshop for too long what I see can no longer be trusted, I begin projecting what I'd like to see. Upon viewing the image again several hours later my feelings are likely to be completely different.

Its the way forward now it seems, our shadow chancellor has no idea about economics but it hasn't kept him out of his well paid job, so colour blind or totally blind should matter zero to the photographers strutting their stuff in future. H
Hey Harry,
By no means was i trying to justify my shortcomings, you combative clod. Comment on the photo or get out, I wasn't asking you to stroke my ego... Silly internet warrior.
P.S. who the hell are you talking about? you can't relate everything to politics...
I don't like how his hair is blown out, and I think there should be either more room over his head, or you should crop up from the bottom and over from the right to take up some space, and make the top crop seem more balanced. But right now there is either too much space on the bottom and on the right side, or not enough space above his head.
Thanks, I appreciate the feedback GeneralBenson

Nice shot, care to share the EXIF?
Thanks, I will as sson as I find that image again...
Any chance that this was shot with a Canon 85mm F/1.2, wide open (or nearly so). That's my guess, due to the shallow DOF and what looks like longitudinal chromatic aberration (the purple tint)...it's especially noticeable on the shirt sleeve, image right.
This was shot with a Canon 50mm 1.4, wide open (I think, maybe 1.6). Good guess though. I recently bought the 85 and it gives similar (but much more super-duper) results.

I love every piece to it. The hint of purple in the hairline to the slightly blown out hair. Having such a unique look to it seperates this from what other photographers may come up with. To me, i wouldn't change a thing, and i know there is a fine line between innovation/creativity and inability to properly shoot photos but this is fantastic.

lovelovelovelovelove! What a terrific photo!
Thanks bennielou
I love every piece to it. The hint of purple in the hairline to the slightly blown out hair. Having such a unique look to it seperates this from what other photographers may come up with. To me, i wouldn't change a thing, and i know there is a fine line between innovation/creativity and inability to properly shoot photos but this is fantastic.
Thanks rehab, glad you feel that way. Over and over have I heard it's over-processed... I agree.... it is over-processed.... but I like it. Call it graphic design as opposed to a photo... I still like it.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back