Street...

Kerbouchard

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So, I got done shooting a weddding in Downtown Dallas and wanted to have a beer to unwind.

Turned out, me carrying a camera turned into lots of folks wanting a photo taken....Here is one of my favorites. I was 'paid' two beers for this one...

Thanks for looking...

Attachments

• $DSC_3379bw.jpg
    $DSC_3379bw.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 132
Last edited:
Just an FYI...when I say thanks for looking, it really means you are supposed to look and then tell me how great I am. Thanks...

Normall I don't post in your threads.. because of past differences! But you want feedback? I don't think it is that great! Her hand is blown out.... his face is so shadowed that it looks terrible. Lighting is all over the place....

Normall I don't post in your threads.. because of past differences! But you want feedback? I don't think it is that great! Her hand is blown out.... his face is so shadowed that it looks terrible. Lighting is all over the place....

Dude, it's an online forum...past differences should last all of about 45 seconds. Really, it's not that big of a deal.

As far as your feedback, I agree about the hand, but not about his face. If you, or anybody else has better advice on how to light a mixed couple, I would be happy to hear it, especially, since my wife is black and we never get good shots with the two of us.

The posing is not good, his right hand is giving the impression of keep away i don't want to be kissed

Dude, it's an online forum...past differences should last all of about 45 seconds. Really, it's not that big of a deal.

As far as your feedback, I agree about the hand, but not about his face. If you, or anybody else has better advice on how to light a mixed couple, I would be happy to hear it, especially, since my wife is black and we never get good shots with the two of us.

With the lighting to his rear.. her face caught more light than his did, emphasizing the shadowing on his face. If the light was to her rear... then the opposite would have occurred, but since she has a higher reflectivity coefficient than he does, it would have balanced out closer.

Sometimes a reflector will add enough extra light on a dark subject (when coming from a single source) to help when shooting different skin colors.. just have to be careful with placement.

The posing is not good, his right hand is giving the impression of keep away i don't want to be kissed
I swear, I think you guys are all nuts...certifiably insane. You guys haved your minds so wrapped up in rules, you can't understand or see anything beyond it. I feel sorry for you.

FWIW, it's not a posed shot.

With the lighting to his rear.. her face caught more light than his did, emphasizing the shadowing on his face. If the light was to her rear... then the opposite would have occurred, but since she has a higher reflectivity coefficient than he does, it would have balanced out closer.

Sometimes a reflector will add enough extra light on a dark subject (when coming from a single source) to help when shooting different skin colors.. just have to be careful with placement.

A reflector? Seriously? It was a grab shot in the middle of downtown. There were no reflectors. There were no assistants. There was no posing. Seriously? Okay, next time I go out for a beer after a wedding, I will bring a staff along just to hold reflectors, help with posing, and, heck, I might as well carry around a background with me while I am at it.

You guys are nuts.

I swear, I think you guys are all nuts...certifiably insane. You guys haved your minds so wrapped up in rules, you can't understand or see anything beyond it. I feel sorry for you.

One of the reason's I don't usually post in your threads.... it is always OUR fault! YOU are NEVER at fault! ;) You asked for comments.. you got 'em... so now WE are crazy for commenting! lol!

One of the reason's I don't usually post in your threads.... it is always OUR fault! YOU are NEVER at fault! ;) You asked for comments.. you got 'em... so now WE are crazy for commenting! lol!

I didn't say crazy...I said nuts.

A reflector? Seriously? It was a grab shot in the middle of downtown. There were no reflectors. There were no assistants. There was no posing. Seriously? Okay, next time I go out for a beer after a wedding, I will bring a staff along just to hold reflectors, help with posing, and, heck, I might as well carry around a background with me while I am at it.

You guys are nuts.

I was not referring to a candid shot like this.. You DID ask if there was a better way to get shots of bi-racial couples.. and even things out a bit, YES? That was where the reflector would come in handy!

Anyway.. you were in a bar! Surely there was something around you could have used as a reflector, to help de-emphasize the poor placement of the light? Towel, pizza box, SOMETHING? If the light had been placed properly.. (or the subjects , in relation to the light) then the problem would not have been so apparent! :)

Things like this should be spotted before you take the shot and you instruct them even if it is not a posed shot, you said they asked to be shot so it was not spur of the moment. it's not rules just good observation, something you don't have in this shot. I hope the wedding shots turned out better

Last edited:

You guys are nuts.

I was not referring to a candid shot like this.. You DID ask if there was a better way to get shots of bi-racial couples.. and even things out a bit, YES? That was where the reflector would come in handy!

Anyway.. you were in a bar! Surely there was something around you could have used as a reflector, to help de-emphasize the poor placement of the light? Towel, pizza box, SOMETHING? If the light had been placed properly.. (or the subjects , in relation to the light) then the problem would not have been so apparent! :)
Okay...Look, I've seen your work. Heck, I just clicked on your flickr feed. You are the last person that needs to be trash talking. Perhaps you should resort to your earlier stance of not responding to my threads. You are now on ignore.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back