Street

jeroen

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
photoblog.jeroencoert.nl
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I shot this last week in Utrecht. We were searching for a street that one of my ancestors lived in around 1700. This was a couple of streets the other way.

20070527100619_img_5274b.jpg

Lovely shot with a very nice composition, but I do wish those motorcycles were replaced with old fashioned bicycles, and the plastic lawn chairs were replaced with black iron ones.... ok, I'll stop fantasizing. ;)

That one works very nice in B&W :).. and square format :) :) :)

I do like the composition with the vanishing point so far left, giving lots of diagonals.

I think the modern bikes are ok, just because it is b&w does not mean it should look like taken 50 years ago. ;)

The only thing which bothers me is
the bike in the bottom left corner, it looks beautiful with that silvery reflecting front, but it also has a lot of weight and it appears as the main subject.

then again, if it IS the main subject, well, then even this is great ;)

I think the modern bikes are ok, just because it is b&w does not mean it should look like taken 50 years ago. ;)

Oh, I know-- I do like black and white photography very much. ;) It just seemed like it would be an even nicer photo (although I really like it how it is) if it had 'older' looking stuff. The setting is just perfect for that.

He, thanks for the comments.

At the time I shot it we were walking through the 17th century center of Utrecht. And then we found this little street that looked more like a redneck trailerpark then like a nice historical area with all those cheap plastic chairs and scooters.
Remember, one of my ancestors lived in this area 300 years ago and they were hard working people also. So not much changed here IMO. I found that very funny so I took the picture.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back