Strobe flash kit

kevinfoto

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I am new to strobes and don't want to spend a lot of money on a flash studio Kit. What do u guys suggest?

I am new to strobes and don't want to spend a lot of money on a flash studio Kit. What do u guys suggest?

Kevin... what do you want? What are you going to use it for? Studio only, or do you need something portable like speedlights? What modifiers do you want to use? Umbrellas will work with both... but most softboxes and brollys are monolight type items. (there are some for Speedlights, but they will be smaller)

If you want inexpensive (but good), look at:

Speedlights: Yongnuo 560II, or their TTl versions if you have to have that. Amazon.com: Yongnuo YN-560 II Speedlight Flash for Canon and Nikon. GN58.: Camera & Photo

Monolights: Flashpoint 320's Amazon.com: Flashpoint II 320M Monolight Kit, One 150 Watt Second Monolight with 7' Light Stand and 33" White Umbrella, Carrying Case: Camera & Photo or you can get just the light for $99.99 (this is as cheap as you get for good equipment (there is JUNK that is cheaper, like cowboy studio....)

(there are kits available with lights, stands, and umbrella's) Amazon.com: Flashpoint 320M Portrait Wedding Monolight Kit, with Two 320 Monolights,9.5' Stands,Umbrellas, Snoot and Carrying Case: Electronics

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Thanks!! Great info. I'm using mostly for indoors. Studio work. Which ones put of these do you suggest?

Most reactions

Back