Strobe Mounting.......

OnTheFly7

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Looking for ideas on what may be the best way to mount Einstein e640's to what more or less amounts to a telephone pole.

So far, the best that I can come up with is to mount the strobe to the light stand and then ratchet strap the light stand to the pole.

I need the strobes to be 20ft. above the ground at a minimum (with long throw reflectors).

Any ideas.......

Thank You.

Why 20 feet above the ground? How are you going to get up 20 feet on a pole to attach the light without a risk of serious injury? Couldn't you get access to a second or 3rd floor window to accomplish the same thing? As someone who handled injury lawsuits on behalf of the ladder association, be aware how dangerous they can be. A fall can result in permanent crippling, paraplegia or even death. If it is a large enough production, how about renting a jimmy jib should get the light about that high. Or this in the end of a 12' painters pole that would get it up about 18 feet https://www.amazon.com/Ball-Head-Pa...7315476&sprefix=painters+pole,aps,199&sr=8-12

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Why 20 feet above the ground? How are you going to get up 20 feet on a pole to attach the light without a risk of serious injury? Couldn't you get access to a second or 3rd floor window to accomplish the same thing? As someone who handled injury lawsuits on behalf of the ladder association, be aware how dangerous they can be. A fall can result in permanent crippling, paraplegia or even death. If it is a large enough production, how about renting a jimmy jib should get the light about that high. Or this in the end of a 12' painters pole that would get it up about 18 feet https://www.amazon.com/Ball-Head-Painters-Pole-Adapter/dp/B018FBIP2K/ref=sr_1_12?crid=2IUMLJNENQ6WG&dchild=1&keywords=painters+pole+extension&qid=1617315476&sprefix=painters+pole,aps,199&sr=8-12

Need the height to light outdoor arenas.

While I appreciate the concern for risk, I'm also an electrician. I have spent a considerable amount of time on ladders, in scissor lifts, in one and two man buckets, etc, All of which are options for getting up to where I need to be. If necessary and none of those options are available, I'll grab my lineman's belt, climbing sticks and rope and I'll do it that way.

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Looks like you are used to working at height. Not me, after falling off a ladder to a concrete floor and hearing a snap like a broken bone- it was my pants snap fortunately- I too use Einsteins that enable me to get the lights aimed even up 10 feet then control all functions from the camera. Was talking to Buff only a couple of days ago about one of their reflectors and ruled out long throw for my needs but they may be right for your application. Saw Joe McNally use one in a class and he threw the light 70 feet with no problem.

Looks like you are used to working at height. Not me, after falling off a ladder to a concrete floor and hearing a snap like a broken bone- it was my pants snap fortunately- I too use Einsteins that enable me to get the lights aimed even up 10 feet then control all functions from the camera. Was talking to Buff only a couple of days ago about one of their reflectors and ruled out long throw for my needs but they may be right for your application. Saw Joe McNally use one in a class and he threw the light 70 feet with no problem.

Most of these arenas are the size of a football field or damn close. Thus the long throws.

Most reactions

Back