strobist.com warming up to monolights?

LOL I know. In all seriousness, I love my monolight. And it's a cheap one at that!!

LOL I know. In all seriousness, I love my monolight. And it's a cheap one at that!!

Yes sir, I have an old Elinchrom (and 5 more on the way) and I love them! Also I've been using Vivitar 285 strobes and have enjoyed them too but I really need more monolights

Same here, with the vivitar ones. One thing i have against them though is their customer service. I got a really rude csr on the phone and he blamed me for a defective product i received. After much deliberation, he sent me a replacement. (He told me I would have to pay postage though) However- He sent me a WAY cheaper model than the one I had. So I called back and got a second person, she was very dismissive but after more arguing, she sent me to a manager who finally just told me she'd send me the correct one, and to keep all three. So I guess I didn't enjoy the hassle, but I got some free gear out of it! LOL

Yeah, the old, die-hard strobist people have in large part mellowed out and have come to accept the idea of using "real flash units" as well as speedlights. Maybe it's because David Hobby himself now is rich enough that he uses Profoto Acute pack-and-head flash units for most of his work...

Yeah that Acute stuff is SWEET

Most reactions

New Topics

Back