Strobist: Post your photos and setups

aarr3.jpg

aaarr.jpg

Low Key Harley shots. Was shooting in my small work shop space was cramped to say the least. Hey Neighbor volunteered to come over this afternoon and we shot these.

24x36 Softbox main, Minolta 5200I, 20x20 softbox fill. Minolta 4000AF and DX30 for hair light over head.........I think his lojak on the bike was messing with the triggers

aaa.jpg

Good work, I think maybe a backlight or more likely some rim lights would have helped the subjects from fading into the background so badly. Just something to try next time when you have more room perhaps. haha.
For the way you described the situation though, good work.

Good work, I think maybe a backlight or more likely some rim lights would have helped the subjects from fading into the background so badly. Just something to try next time when you have more room perhaps. haha.
For the way you described the situation though, good work.

Im ordering a few more radio triggers for the rim light

It would also look better if the car wasn't driving out of the frame (as in, on the left side of the image and facing left) and if the subject wasn't the darkest part of the photo. There's not a tons of detail in the car, and it makes it look like someone parked a car in front of your factory picture.

It would also look better if the car was properly lit using modifiers, reflectors, etc, instead of bare flashes.

It would look even better if I had used a 5DMKII with a 16-35 2.8L on a tripod with 3 580exII's with modifiers, reflectors, fired with PW miniTT1 and flexTT5s, and if i had an assistant, and I had a Murcielago Reventon instead of a Nissan......ooooooh and if instead of a factory I was on the Top of a Mountain in Japan looking over the windy roads with cool clouds coming in.

......but wait, I was just driving home from Target one day and thought the sky looked cool so i killed 10 minutes taking pics of my freshly washed car.

Way to get barred up over some honest criticism bro, you'll go far with that attitude :thumbup:

As an aside, from what I've seen, a lot of car photographers seem to prefer to use bare strobes for some reason.

It would also look better if the car was properly lit using modifiers, reflectors, etc, instead of bare flashes.

It would look even better if I had used a 5DMKII with a 16-35 2.8L on a tripod with 3 580exII's with modifiers, reflectors, fired with PW miniTT1 and flexTT5s, and if i had an assistant, and I had a Murcielago Reventon instead of a Nissan......ooooooh and if instead of a factory I was on the Top of a Mountain in Japan looking over the windy roads with cool clouds coming in.

......but wait, I was just driving home from Target one day and thought the sky looked cool so i killed 10 minutes taking pics of my freshly washed car.

Way to get barred up over some honest criticism bro, you'll go far with that attitude :thumbup:

As an aside, from what I've seen, a lot of car photographers seem to prefer to use bare strobes for some reason.

the bare strobes provide more contrasty light

Kundalini: Not now I guess. She showed up with that whip and I had not clue it was coming. haha. Made best with what I had! Good point about the dock door though.

Upon uploading this to flickr, I notice it's a pinker warmer tone than in photoshop, so that wasn't my intention to have it as such.

The text also looks out of place, but this was shot for an assignment. It was to deliver two photos of an entrepreneur for an AD of a magazine to pick from. The template was provided and I'm no AD, so those are the shots they would have received. It would have been up to them to get everything placed. Also, both the shots are cropped down from a wider photo, so the AD would have had more room to work with as needed.

The room was incredible to work in. This was done at about 3:00PM and the natural light coming in through the curtains was nice and soft and amazing. I put a big 60" reflective umbrella on a head camera right for the main light and a head with a reflector behind the camera bouncing off the ceiling to provide fill and to evenly light the room.

1187668440_W5Kbb-XL.jpg

SB-600 high camera right in a shoot through umbrella, Yongnuo yn-460 high (but lower than sb-600) camera left. Don't remember power settings.

Subject to background distance: 6 feet.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back